Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogzdinner View Post
    For me it all works fine until I try to charge the phone wirelessly or via the lightning cable, then it just drops the Wi-Fi connection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That just sounds like a phone setting issue to me? It's nothing more than a hunch of course. I don't own an iPhone.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 1 0

2. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    That just sounds like a phone setting issue to me? It's nothing more than a hunch of course. I don't own an iPhone.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Could well be Andy but I’m pretty sure it’s just the crappy iOS app!

0 0 0

3. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Being plugged in with the lightning cable works fine.
    You might want to go into your iOS settings and check that your MMI connect app can run in the background.
    Note ive tested this with also using the data from the phone and pulling out the data sim.
    I’ll try with my iPhone X later.
    Audi Q7 s-line, Silver, Dynamic Pack, Tech Park, Lighting pack, Panoramic roof, Bose, Advanced Key, rear camera, heated rear seats, leather

0 1 0

4. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Background app refresh is on in the settings for the app, how did you get it to use the data from the phone?

0 0 0

5. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    So you need to set up your phone to be a personal hotspot ( useful to have a tariff like three which allows this )
    Ensure you don’t have your sim inserted in the car
    then from the connection manager connect to your phones hotspot ( note I’ve found this in the past too fiddly hence the sim is usually a better bet )
    As long as you are on the same WiFi network as your phone you should be good
    Audi Q7 s-line, Silver, Dynamic Pack, Tech Park, Lighting pack, Panoramic roof, Bose, Advanced Key, rear camera, heated rear seats, leather

1 1 0

6. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I will give that a go, data on the phone is free and fingers crossed it will solve the disconnection while charging issue!

0 0 0

7. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Have you tried the new “improved” myAudi app?

0 0 0

8. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Miller View Post
    Have you tried the new “improved” myAudi app?
    Nope, is it better/does it have the same functionality?

0 0 0

9. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I just don’t seem to be able to find where to connect to my personal hotspot!

0 0 0

10. Re: Amazon Music with Audi Connect does not work with the iPhone plugged in or in the charging cradle 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Assuming your network allows for personal hotspot go to settings personal hotspot to turn it on

Then from the car’s connection manager in settings find your phone ( usually works best if the phones screen is still showing the hotspot screen )
    log on using the password of shown in your phone.

note I have been playing with using my iPhone X and the mmi and I was not impressed - it appears for what ever reason to keep shutting off the connection randomly ( whether charging or not ) I get better results with my se but then you lose the wireless charging etc.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast