1. Window Dropped? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else suffered the seemingly not unusual window failure?

Seems the small plastic clips which hold the bottom edge and contain the wire for the mechanism are prone to snapping.

Checked a few threads where it' been during warranty and post warranty.

Mine is an 2000 Bora.

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Question  
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there this is very common on all Mk4 based vehicles, so much so that VW altered the part to prevent it happening anymore. Which door window has dropped ? I may be able to help you out.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Front passenger side dropped but I think I need to get a new mechanism.
    The winder motor chewed up the cable, which now has a few kinks and flat spots on it.

I've taken out the bottom cable as a result, disconnected the loom and wedged the window closed.

Thanks for info.

0 0 0

4. Bora - Window dropped 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have exactly the same problem. Happened at 4:00am on the way to the airport! Handy!

I've wedged it in place for a quick fix. I can't work out how to take off the inner door trim (metal panel) in order to change/repair the clips. I've removed all the screws and winding motor, but it seems to be riveted in place. Is it possible to remove this panel?

It's a V reg Bora (2000).

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Anyone else suffered the seemingly not unusual window failure?

Seems the small plastic clips which hold the bottom edge and contain the wire for the mechanism are prone to snapping.

Checked a few threads where it' been during warranty and post warranty.

Mine is an 2000 Bora.

Cheers

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a Haynes manual and with the correct twisting and pulling the panel comes out. I just need to get some plastic lifters now.

0 0 0

6. Lightbulb Sticking window problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had exactly the same problem when my offside drivers window dropped. I had a nightmare of a time and wondered if autoglass could help me. The kind and helpful man told me if the glass was broken it could be repaired without affecting my no claims bonus. He suggested whichever way it was broken they would fix it. I removed inner panel and came upon the dreaded riveted panel. on that panel there were some rubber plugs which i removed. i then 'accidently' broke the glass with a screwdriver. within 2 hours i had a new side window hassle free. i did have to pay a £40 excess but it was worth every penny. Hope this helps.

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks. I managed to get a good price on the parts from "busybeebat" on ebay and the instructions are here, should anyone else need them. Fantastically detailed info.
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1015107

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is an upgrade you can get from vw for this problem, it happend to my golf gti and has since happend to my Bora, i think the clips are made from metal now instead of plastic a great place to get any vw audi and seat parts is a place my mate owns called motors in motion hes on ebay aswell motorsinmotion-01909531537

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This happened to me the other day - a friend who is a mechanic spent around 3 hours repairing it (had to mend the clip with cable ties as it was late and raining!) Do the new type metal clips interchange with the plastic ones?

0 0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello folks, just thought I'd share a useful snippet of information. I had this happen, just as I was driving home from work, and luckliy caught the VW parts poeple in time to get a kit and carry out the repair. I then found out that if you meet the following criteria, VW will repair it for you for FREE.
    If your car is less than six years old, and is under 93000 miles, its covered. Call VW and arrange for them to fix it, BUT they will only replace broken units, not working plastic ones. If you dealer says this is incorrect, suggest he speak to VW UK before you do, cause he is wrong.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast