Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmejamie View Post
    Right so the new loom came today! Snapped the old one in half to remove it because it was a pain in the *** on my engine compared to others where the engine isn't inline and they can slide it out with easy access. I did make sure any pinging plastic bits were kept away from the internals. I had a fight with the new one but got it fitted now and not really had a chance to drive it properly yet. I did get some more logs of both idle and 1200 RPM in case someone can take a look and determine if it is looking any healthier?

Attachment 34525

Just curious to ask... i have put a fair amount of injector cleaner through the car in its time and had a carbon clean done. Given that there is a chance this injector was being lazy what are the chances that i might need to give it more of a clean if it hasn't been running optimally?

Thanks guys
    Jamie
    Question is now - does your car still have the judder? Looking at numbers, all of which appear to be within factory tolerances, we can only guess at whether the problem still exists under driving conditions. If it does still judder badly I’m afraid you may be looking at an even deeper cause. I’m not sure I’d bother throwing more money at injector cleaner. We’ve run our Alhambra for over 100k miles and only put one bottle through in that time. It may of improved things but you’d barely notice as the loom was faulty. We’re now getting around 10mpg more than we were. Fingers crossed changing the loom has had a positive effect on the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Low rev hesitation/judder 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Well its a hard one... i feel like the general day to day driving of the car feels smoother and much nicer to drive. However i still get the horrendous shaking in 5th under 2k revs and if anything maybe slightly more now in 4th then before. It's almost as if there is just no guts in the car under 2k revs but i know from when i first ever got the car almost 2 years ago that it did used to be able to at least accelerate under 2k revs without turning me and my passengers into a cocktail!

I am actually out of things to replace now if i'm honest!

Thanks for all your help with the loom, it do think its made a difference to as i say the day to day drive and my MPG a little. But i'm not a light foot driver so its hard to tell how much MPG

Jamie

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123