Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues!

1. Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I'm looking for advice from anybody that knows about injector issues. The story starts when driving home from work one day and the car suddenly looses power and is running very lumpy. It was clear to me I was only running on 3 cylinders. I went home and had the codes read and it was showing "injector 1 pd unit fault". So, I went to a local breakers yard (who have a very, very good name locally) and got an injector, it was checked it was for the correct vehicle/engine. I fitted the new injector and when I started the car it was no better so read the fault codes again and it's now showing injector 4 fault!!! Anybody experienced this before? Or am I just experiencing a case of bad luck and all the injectors need changing? Any help much appreciated

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Suspect the injector wiring harness, well known for this problem. Replacement harness are around the £60 mark.
    With all the heating and cooling cycles the wiring becomes brittle, new harness should be heated before installation to aid manipulation into position, plenty of info on the net regarding this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, I was starting to wonder if that may be the issue. I'm kind of hoping it is because it's a lot cheaper cure!! I'm having the original injector that I removed tested and if it comes back without fault then my next step will be the wiring. I will keep you informed on how it goes. Cheers again

0 1 0

4. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Remember that the injectors have to be dialed in to the engine, the 180 anti-clock turn method. Also ALL bolts are one time only.

page 1 by Steve Cresswell, on Flickr

page 2 by Steve Cresswell, on Flickr

page 3 by Steve Cresswell, on Flickr
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Extremely rare for 1.9 PD 130 injectors to fail , harness and camshaft wear before that .

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So after trying to clean up the connectors on the wiring harness (just thought it was worth a try) and having no luck I now need to get a wiring harness, any idea where I can get one?? I can't seem to find it anywhere!!

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well I changed the wiring harness and all seemed good until I tried driving up hill and now no power and brake peddle is going hard!! The car is no longer missing so the wiring harness worked and all injectors are working. Is this a case of a vacuum pipe split or not connected properly?

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A4 Quattro injector issues! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Lack of vacuum, you’ve either missed a pipe somewhere or it’s the tandem pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0