Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Frequent Limp Mode

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Engine reves rise to around 1000 rpm, the fans run constantly and the car smells of burning from outside.

0 0 0

2. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Don't think dpf is a warranty item.
    Hi Just looked at the warranty on Audi UK no mention of the DPF or other emission items not being covered. Items excluded are the ones you would expect, those that ware during normal use i.e. brakes, suspension parts clutch etc. My 2015 had a problem with the MMI knob sticking and grinding, it was lubricated but fault returned after a few months so they replaced the whole MMI panel ( not cheap ! ) No harm in having it looked at.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    I think its definitely something to do with the later model engines in the way the software is configured for regens. My bitdi has been running fine despite numerous short trips and occasional fast blasts. However my friend has late '15 Porsche Macan (audi tdi engine) and has only covered less than 12k miles and has been in 3 times back to the dealer for dpf issues . Even had the dpf replaced but still has issues. Dealers just blame the owner saying your not driving it enough/correctly.

0 0 0

4. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi Just looked at the warranty on Audi UK no mention of the DPF or other emission items not being covered. Items excluded are the ones you would expect, those that ware during normal use i.e. brakes, suspension parts clutch etc. My 2015 had a problem with the MMI knob sticking and grinding, it was lubricated but fault returned after a few months so they replaced the whole MMI panel ( not cheap ! ) No harm in having it looked at.
    What is covered All electrical and mechanical factory-fitted components are covered against electrical or mechanical failure.
    Other than: Replacement parts and labour will be paid for with the following exceptions: • Routine servicing (all parts replaced associated with routine servicing are excluded) • All bodywork, glass including heated rear screens and seals • All adjustments, cam belt timing, diesel pump timing or cleaning • Batteries • Brake frictional material • Bulbs, including Xenon and fuses • Coolant pipes and hoses • Clutch frictional material • CV boot gaiters • filters • Exhaust systems (catalytic converters are covered for internal failure) • Upholstery, interior and exterior trims • Non-manufacturer’s original parts • Tyres and wheels • Unencased drive belts • Wiper blades and arms • Wiring and connections (including HT leads and aerial coaxial cables)
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

5. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    Engine reves rise to around 1000 rpm, the fans run constantly and the car smells of burning from outside.
    I’ve not experienced that yet . Thanks for the explanation

0 0 0

6. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Incidentally- how do you know when they need Ad Blue ? I can’t see a way of reading it .

0 0 0

7. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    The car will tell you with 1500 miles range left

0 0 0

8. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfist View Post
    Out of interest how do you know it’s doing a re-gen ?
    What has been described in terms of fans running etc. will tell you a regen is in progress when you get out of the car but you can actually tell when you're driving.

The car will hold lower gears than normal - for example on the flat cruising at 60mph it should drop into 8th gear, doing a regen it will stay in 7th. It's also just "a bit noisier" - maybe because it is consistently in one gear lower than usual unless you get over 70 or so (when it will shift to 8th).

If you have the lap-timer display enabled (VCDS mod) then you get to see oil temp. Oil temp will be considerably higher when it is doing a regen. So if you normally see low to mid 80C it will be in the lo 90s even in normal driving. Fuel economy also will suck.. I'm not sure if that is the lower gears being used or whether they inject diesel into the exhaust manifold to help burn off the carbon in the DPF - apparently some systems do that sort of thing.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

9. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfist View Post
    Out of interest how do you know it’s doing a re-gen ?
    You will know your car is doing a regen when driving because the idle speed increases. Mine goes to about 1000 rpm, up from about 800 and the stop start system does not activate. When you turn off, if it is still doing the regen then the engine fan will keep running and there is often an unpleasant smell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Frequent Limp Mode 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
    The car will tell you with 1500 miles range left
    Funnily enough I’ve just got the 1500 mile warning .- how do you tell how much to put in ?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast