1. Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I am after some advise please before I take to the garage. I have a 64 reg estate and the boot open warning keeps coming on. I replaced the boot latch myself but problem persists. I am assuming its a faulty comfort control module but is there anything else I should check before taking to the dealer. It varies from showing constantly open to intermittently showing open. In the very cold weather I had no problems for a while.
    Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Extremely unlikely to be the convenience unit, this would be the rear wiper motor leaking washer fluid onto the catch unit
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Extremely unlikely to be the convenience unit, this would be the rear wiper motor leaking washer fluid onto the catch unit
    Thanks for the reply, it was completely dry when I removed the interior trim to replace the catch unit and even with a new catch the problem persists?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You need to see that data block in measuring blocks to see what the status of the switch is.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I don't have access to VCDS, I have an extended warranty, vw named component (I have never took out a warranty before) so will just take it in my concern was that it may not be covered - particularly if its due to water ingress. I know the CCM is in a better location than the B5 (I had that problem on a 52 plate Passat) are CCM problems non -existent on a B7? Thanks for your replies Crasher.

0 0 0

6. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Why would it not be covered if it has been affected by water. In all honesty if I had EW I would not have touched it myself but returned it to the dealer.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

7. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I replaced the boot latch for £45 (+ 10 minutes of my time) where as my excess is £100, but you are right and I will just take it in now. Named component extended warranty doesn't cover water ingress but this maybe is regarding fixing the source of the leak rather than refusing to replace parts that have been damaged as a result of a leak. Wiring / connector faults are also not covered but locking system and control units are.

Thanks for the replies.

0 0 0

8. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I've had the same problem with my 2014 B7 2.0TD BMT estate and actually spotted this thread when I was researching. The problem was the rear washer pipe split in the flexi gaiter for the wiring. Sadly, it was running back into the car and dripping onto the multi-plug, which had corroded. My local workshop has just spent 4 hours tracing and rectifying it, involving removing interior panels and head lining. They were happy just to clean the plug up (as opposed to replacing the looms) and all seems well at the moment. If I get any further problems I'll come back.

0 1 0

9. Re: Boot open warning - Faulty CCM? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to close the loop on my issue it turned out to be "pipe found to be leaking into loom" so probably the same as above but I never got to speak to anyone technical to confirm? The only information I have is that it was replaced with a new modified loom V3AF 971 148M. Surprise surprise not covered on my extended warranty but VW covered half the cost

0 0 0