1. Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I recently filled up my tank in Costco and started driving. I felt that the horse power of my car has gone down a lot. I drove it for a day and my check engine light came on.
    I googled the issue and there were suggestions to tighten the fuel tank cap, which I did last night. As of this morning, the check engine light is still on and the horsepower of the car still feels lower than what it used to be.

Today I tried driving on a motorway and the car struggled to reach 70. With the accelerator fully pressed, it still can't go any faster. From time to time it keeps getting bursts of power. Also I noticed that cruise control doesn't work anymore.

Is this something to worry about or will go away by itself?

0 0 0

2. Re: Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I read the engine fault codes with my vgate scanner and got the below faults.

I have reset the light, but the performance is still same. Can someone help with what these codes mean?

0 0 0

3. Re: Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sapstar View Post
    I read the engine fault codes with my vgate scanner and got the below faults.

I have reset the light, but the performance is still same. Can someone help with what these codes mean?

Hi,

The Ross-Tech site has the following:

16792/P0408/001032 - Ross-Tech Wiki
    16787/P0403/001027 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

4. Re: Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks @MFGF the Ross-Tech data seems to point me to replace the EGR valve. similar to the below thread. I will get this replaced.
    Fix Audi code 01032 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B & 01027 Exhaust Gas Rec Circuit

0 0 0

5. Re: Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I got an appointment booked in a local garage to replace the EGR valve now. While at it, should I be looking at replacing anything else? My odometer is at 155K miles now.
    I recently replaced the timing belt and alternator pulley.

0 0 0

6. Re: Check engine light on Audi A6 2006 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Have a look at this thread. Sounds like the same issue.

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...as-Rec-Circuit

Sorry, just noticed you have posted on it!!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0