What a bloody last few days I've had, got a puncture in the snow yesterday, dropped the locking wheel key in the white stuff after I changed it (luckily) Had to get all the lock bolts bashed out today after a whole day with the metal detector searching, I suspect a passing car flicked it somewhere!

Anyway I digress, back to the fault at hand.

This morning I turned on the ignition to be greeted with an acrid plastic burning smell, after checking the usual suspects I found the rear wiper blade was frozen to the rear glass, pulled it off and away it went back and forth, went on my journey but noticed the wiper would not park when switched off at the stalk.

I found the fuse (27) 15amp and pulled it to find the plastic on it was melted but it wasn't blown and the fuse box has partially melted where it fits, the motor now doesn't work and the arm is parked in mid way position.

I'm going to check the motor (which was fitted new two years ago), the power to the motor via the wiring too but I want to find out which relay controls the rear wiper and check that.

anything else? could the stalk be burned out? I'm working on the theory that the frozen motor caused the wiring to heat up and melt, why didn't the fuse pop? hopefully its just the motor thats gone!