Hi. I have just replaced another faulty (rear) door lock module on my 2002 VW Golf Mark 4 GTi. I have had to do the front two locks in the past and then the rear passenger side went (would not lock on the key fob) so, being somewhat used to replacing Golf doors locks, I bought a brand new lock module and had a go. Firstly, for those who have not done this before, the rear locks are much more tricky than the front ones - mainly because you cannot get the lock out of the door without removing the window slider / runner - something that you don't have to remove on the front doors. Not a big deal but getting the lock back and then getting the electric plug connected is a pain.
Anyway I eventually managed to get it out and the new one in and it works OK EXCEPT the new lock now unlocks with one press of the fob (along with the drivers door). Also if all the doors are locked and you press the "lock" button on the fob the rear door UNLOCKS!!! Grrrr!!

I have tried disconnecting the battery for 5 mins (something than often sorts out such problems) but it did not work this time. Any ideas??

Thanks