1. How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone know how to get my golf out of park! Some posts say about an emergency release under the gear lever cover, I have looked but cannot see anything and it doesn't tell me in the manual. It's a 2009 dsg 6 speed and I need to get it moved! Help

0 0 0

2. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    http://i.imgur.com/w0DtB.jpg
    Hopefully this works so you can see the release tab. Might be linked to the switch in the brake pedal which won't let the lever move from park.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

3. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you, I will look at the weekend when it's light! I did see some posts about the brake switch but when I put my foot on the brake the brakes lights light up so I assumed it wasn't that as I remember many years ago when the switch went on my car I had no brake lights at all and only realised when I got pulled over by the police! I will try the the real ease method first and then move onto possibly it being the switch. Thank you

0 0 0

4. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The switch is dual pole, one side for the ights and the ECU and the other side as a check function to act as a safety system with the electronic throttle, part of the EPC system, does the "press brake pedal" light in the dash go out when you press the pedal?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We have no light on the dash, since it's been stuck (unable to get gear lever out of park) we haven't had the green foot on pedal symbol on the dash! Could it be the mechatronic unit? I need to get it to a vw garage to put it on their computer but it's on my drive facing forwards and we cannot move it! Any help appreciated.

0 0 0

6. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have never seen that caused by the Mechatronic, in fact these are very reliable. That the press brake pedal light is not on but that it is stuck in park suggests a problem with the gear position sensor under the gear lever, this IS a common problem.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: How to release golf stuck in park 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok will have to eliminate these things one by one. Is the gear position sensor easy to locate? Is it the sensor that operates the yellow cog like thing that I need to move to be able to move the gear lever?

0 0 0