1. 2010 VW Polo 1.6 tdi, starts up but only runs for 2 seconds then stops 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, I’m hoping someone might be able to help me out, I was driving the other day when my Polo just died on me, car was running normal then nothing, no warning just stopped, I tried restarting and it would start but only run for 2 seconds then stop, turned ignition off, waited a couple of mins then tried again, same thing happened, does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Managed to get it towed home, plugged my Code reader in and the following codes show up,

P0544 -

P0123 -

P2455-

tried clearing the codes and only the first one would clear the others remained! Also the glow plug light is flashing on the dash, engine management light comes on but while it’s running for those 2 seconds it goes out, checked that the fuel pump is working on the key and priming up, also visually looked for anything split or broken, hoses etc, nothing looks out of sorts!

Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers
    Rick

0 0 0

2. Re: 2010 VW Polo 1.6 tdi, starts up but only runs for 2 seconds then stops 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Change diesel filter and see if cold water at bottom of filter is freezing diesel

try starting car by switching ignition on, waiting for glow plug light to go out, wait another 2 seconds as glow plugs still heating up & then try

Its a VAG thing in my humble opinion, wont start till glow plug light goes out, I switch on ignition, put seat belt on & then fire it up ..................... away she goes
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

3. Re: 2010 VW Polo 1.6 tdi, starts up but only runs for 2 seconds then stops 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Niall

Thanks for the idea, changed fuel filter, still the same! Any other ideas?

Thanks

Rick

0 0 0

4. Re: 2010 VW Polo 1.6 tdi, starts up but only runs for 2 seconds then stops 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    I would be checking the wiring harness for any broken wires.

All 3 can be wiring problems , however I would go for replacing Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 1 , as if it throws a high voltage reading, it can throw the DPF sensor off in my humble opinion

When you go into the Faults in your OBD2 reader, CLEAR both STORED & PENDING codes. It may help

So check wiring as your cheapest option, then replace the sensor
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

0 0 0

5. Post Re: 2010 VW Polo 1.6 tdi, starts up but only runs for 2 seconds then stops 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Not too sure those codes are accurate, what did you use to read them?

16928 (P0544) Exhaust Gas Temperature (G235) Sensor 1, - Malfunction in circuit
    16507 (P0123) Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) (G69/G127) - Signal too High
    (P2455) Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Pressure Sensor 'A' (G505) - Circuit High

I can't see any circuit correlation between these devices and all three components are a common failure on the CAYC. I have to say without reservation that the CAYC is the biggest pile of poo ever to leave the doors of a VAG factory since the CT from mid 79. We had one in over last weekend until Monday night, 100K miles and not three years old until March 2018, FSH, no oil pressure due to worn con rod bearings and the dealer has washed his hands and said there is no problem even tough the warning system is going off and it can't get more than 2 bar oil pressure. The CAYC went to a belt driven oil pump (known as BIO for Belt In Oil) and we guessed it would be that but the belt was fine as was the oil pump itself.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0