Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Look in the code sheet for your car (spare wheel well or front of service book) The code you are looking for, for Matrix Headlights is 8G4

Interesting! My car has Matrix headlights but there isn't anything on the build sticker to indicate that's so. I don't have an 8G4 code. It does include the following, though:

8IT = LED headlamps
    8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)

The complete set from mine is E0A;7MM;4UF;6XF;5SJ;6TS;1KW;J0B;1LA;1X0;1AT;1BV;3F A;5TL;7X5;F0A;9G3;0G7;0YK;0JH;TD1;3NZ;8IT;U1B;X2B; QZ7;1XT;8Q3;9Q8;8Z5;DE5;7UG;F73;7K1;4X3;2K7;3L4;VW 4;3Y0;4K4;5D7;1SA;Q1D;4G0

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

2. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Interesting! My car has Matrix headlights but there isn't anything on the build sticker to indicate that's so. I don't have an 8G4 code. It does include the following, though:

8IT = LED headlamps
    8Q3 = Automatic headlight-range adjustment dynamic (self-adjusting while driving)

The complete set from mine is E0A;7MM;4UF;6XF;5SJ;6TS;1KW;J0B;1LA;1X0;1AT;1BV;3F A;5TL;7X5;F0A;9G3;0G7;0YK;0JH;TD1;3NZ;8IT;U1B;X2B; QZ7;1XT;8Q3;9Q8;8Z5;DE5;7UG;F73;7K1;4X3;2K7;3L4;VW 4;3Y0;4K4;5D7;1SA;Q1D;4G0

Cheers!

MF.
    Obviously I am wrong, apologies. Took the code for matrix lights from this list of codes http://vag-codes.info/files/options/...tion-codes.pdf

0 0 0

3. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I have the 8q3 - so I take it that’s not the matrix version just the self adjusting ones ?

0 0 0

4. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfist View Post
    I have the 8q3 - so I take it that’s not the matrix version just the self adjusting ones ?
    Put the indicators on and walk out and look at headlights. If it sweeps then it’s matrix if it just flashes then it’s normal led.

0 0 0

5. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    There’s a camera in the rear view mirror enclosure that works with high beam assist.
    I don’t think the headlights are that smart to use gps etc. The cornering lights come on depending on steering lock and both lights come on when you slow down to a certain speed. It’s not that sophisticated.
    Matrix lights definitely use the sat nav data to activate cornering functions. I don't know about standard LED lights, but I would expect them to also use navigation data.

0 0 0

6. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    On mine, I enabled cornering lights when I got it, but this being an early 17 car, VCDS didn’t recognise the ECU so didn’t label the bits. I enabled what should be cornering lights and they do work, but I notice when my speed drops below 25mph and the main lights are on, the cornering lights also come on, even if I’m driving straight. I suspect it’s linked to steering angle as opposed to GPS, as I’m built up areas GPS won’t always know your turning until it happens but indicators and/or steering angle would be more reliable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    As I said, I cannot speak for the LED lights, but Matrix definitely use the nav system to manage light control, including corner lights. Having said that, I would imagine that steering angle inputs also dictate corner light behaviour. As a matter of interest, the navigation system doesn't use GPS data to any great extent to know where the car is; the highly accurate onboard maps, combined with the gyroscope and speed data, provide pin-point accuracy and thus "urban-canyon" dropout of GPS doesn't impact the precision of vehicle positioning data.

0 0 0

8. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Yes, having driven around loads to try them out now, and having taken the inputs from this thread, I have concluded that slowing to below about 25 mph turns both cornering lights on, and if you are already going slowly, turning the wheel also puts on the light at the relevant side. Shame I would have been really impressed if they were linked to the GPS.....
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

9. Re: LED cornering lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownfist View Post
    I've just checked my build list from December and it mentions Matrix twice. One is PLIA8G4 'Matrix LED Headlights' and the other is GPXCPXC 'Audi Matrix LED Headlights'.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12