Hello All,

I have had a MkV 1.9Tdi since August and it has 140K miles on it.

Coming home on Friday night I was 3/4 of way on a 20 mile journey doing 70mph on a dual carriageway. For a few seconds the car started to Judder and shake. The problem cleared. Had a look on Sunday in daylight. No smoke from the exhaust. Monday mornings journey was fine. But at night it happened several times and again this morning. Feels like it's running out of fuel. It isn't but added some anyway as a precaution. Sometimes there is a slight hesitation only. Sometimes it clears straight away. Sometimes it feels under powered for a few seconds. It's very intermittent.

AA came out to my works. No fault codes logged and nothing went wrong on a test drive. No warning lights come on when it happens.

Similar journey home tonight. It happens on and off the throttle and when cruising. It doesn't cut out. It idles ok and starts fine. Also affects a cold or hot engine

Looking at the service history the fuel filter was changed 25k ago. Could this be a clogged filter problem? Are there any other easy things I can try? With no fault codes I would like to narrow it down before looking for a mechanic.

Thanks,

Paul.