1. A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, our "new" car has had a few issues....to a point I am seriously likely to leave audi's after 27 years. It seems each newer model gets worse! from fantastic to seriously dodgy on electrics. My A6 is poor too.

The A3 car has developed a brake issue. Started by spinning my wife 360 degrees on main A3 dual carraigway which fortunately she survived unscathed. This happened after she light;y applied brakes on a dry road...it pulled violently to the right screaching and spun. I just cant fathom how this happened, in the dry without stamping on brakes.

So I have taken it out, it seems fine until suddenley applying brakes hard to provoke ABS the car starts a big slew skid to right I correct by releasing brakes and steering into the skid.

All lights came on, abs, esp, red exclamation and a warning brake issue drive carefully to garage or such light. They then go off again.

The car with abs and ESP should not behave like this.

We have scanned it and got two codes.

1) Control module electrical error malfunction intermittent. 16352
    2) abs operation not plausible, signal intermittent 01130

These seem to imply the abs module/ecu issues.

Any guidance appreciated and how can it be removed...an older A6 also had abs issues and I could take the electrical module off the modulator/pump for rebuild so no bleeding.

0 0 0

2. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    what abs pump is fitted -ie-Mk??-or similar --you should be able to see this from the scan ?? what scan tool do you have? Vagcom/VCDS ??-- if you have either of these then you should clear faults-then do a basic setting procedure on abs pump module --Ross-Tech site "Wiki" will give you the info on what you need to do just input you car details model-engine-year !!

0 0 0

3. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Have a look here --http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01130. Yeh I got the abs-moule wrong--it prob be J 104 or something along that line !! Also you might want to have a look here--http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01276--let u's know how you get on !!thanks. Have you checked the fuse by the batter ???

0 0 0

4. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnuts View Post
    Have a look here --http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01130. Yeh I got the abs-moule wrong--it prob be J 104 or something along that line !! Also you might want to have a look here--http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/01276--let u's know how you get on !!thanks. Have you checked the fuse by the batter ???
    Hi and thanks, unfortunately I do not have VAGCOM rostech.....it was scanned on a very top of the line up to date snap on. I will have to look to see what the abs pump is, the car is quite new to us.

I will check the fuse, but suspect all fine because much of the time it drives around just fine, no warning lights on.

I do suspect it may be the electronic control module on the abs, it seems it is yet another notorious week link.

0 0 0

5. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    yeh the MK60's had week spot aswell--internal pressure switch going on a lot of them !!!

0 0 0

6. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I have not looked yet under the bonnet, is it such a git to get to as threads seem to suggest?
    I will check the plug to it.
    Some threads suggest a 2009 car had a batch of poor units that fail.
    Its lethal...cars spinning because computers don't work! This is a design fault, if a unit is not functioning correctly due to signals not being plausible as it tells you from the system that system should not be able to take evasive action for something not happening and put the car into a spin!

0 0 0

7. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    there was something I seem to remember a while back that ********hips were-had to recall/replace because of such probs !! might be worth checking up on that !!!

0 0 0

8. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I am fairly sure there be someone from this forum-with Vagcom/VCDS- down and around where you are--post up asking

0 0 0

9. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    yes ok, may do that. May look into recalls too.....its a fault as said should not happen if the system fails.
    it is worse than no system, when it steps in and spins it!

0 0 0

10. Re: A3 2.0 tdi 58 reg, quattro serious brake issue 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    This is a common issue on the PQ35 platform vehicles, it is basically a compatibility issue between chemistry and electronics. The modern ABS system requires a high resolution speed signal and this is provided by magnetic rings. Corrosion of the ferrous magnetic rings on the reverse of the rear wheel bearings gives the ABS system incorrect information to which it in turn responds to incorrectly both in its reaction to a detected problem and its solution. If you react to a problem that does not exist, the remedial action is going to be well..... interesting, this is why the future of autonomous cars is so dangerous, we accept it when people kill people but we will NOT accept it when a computer kills someone due to a dodgy signal for a part costing pence suffers because of chemistry, automation of cars is going TOO far.....
    Last edited by Crasher; 26-11-2017 at 12:03 AM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast