Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I was thinking about getting one of these?

Audi SQ7 Active Sound Gateway® BLE-AS-BLE-AUDI-SQ7_4M

I see they do a full kit for the normal Q7 too!

They even do a kit for the wife's new XC90 R-Design arriving next week, not too sure I can bring myself to fit an exhaust sound system to a 4 pot 2 litre engine though!

0 0 0

2. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I have the Kufatec one and it has 6 different sound profiles with 4,6,8 & v10 sounds...

1 0 0

3. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    and how do they sound? The sound on the Sq7 always gets an admiring look. Is this one even louder?

0 0 0

4. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Yes it’s even louder and first turn of the key it revs up

but saying that you can have as loud or quiet as you want or a sign to different settings the choice is yours

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

5. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    ABT do something too you should check it out as i dont think there are any warranty complications. the manager of my local dealer has an SQ7 with various ABT mods this included, approved by Audi germany - he was waiting for the engine map they offer to be approved by them when i test drove his.

0 0 0

6. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    MTM Kufatec maxhaust and few others all other sound modals I think I’m right in saying kufatec do supply Audi with curtain modals for different things
    out of them all kufatec was one of the cheapest and not sure the more exspensive ones. Would sound any different unless you added another sound box or different exhaust there is only so much you can do

as for upping the bhp AND ECU ABT are the best and there an add on ECU box rather than alter any of the mapping or existing ECU so you could just remove
    as it sits on top of the existing engine ECU and works along side it

mate has the ABT ECU and it’s superb

MTM also do one think it takes the SQ7 up to 505 bhp or near
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I got one of the ones I mentioned in my original post, and I've got to say I'm really happy with it. They recently updated the app for my iPhone too and it's really easy to configure just as you want it.

If Audi UK did one of the above mentioned ECU mods for more power that included it under the warranty I would consider it but otherwise I'll stick to the power output I have at the moment, it's still pretty epic! It is very satisfying blasting away from the lights against 'sports' cars that think that the beast is just a heavy old Q7!

0 0 0

8. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    ABT provides there own warranty for engine and drive train

but if you removed the ABT ECU it wouldn’t show up that you had modded the ECU as ABT is a stand alone box rather than mod or remap the standed ECU

0 0 0

9. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    ABT provides there own warranty for engine and drive train

but if you removed the ABT ECU it wouldn’t show up that you had modded the ECU as ABT is a stand alone box rather than mod or remap the standed ECU
    Just checked the ABT website and their warranty does not cover the UK! 🤭

I have no idea what the cost of the ABT upgrade is but if warranty costs extra then I would probably avoid it as I would not want to have any problems with the Audi UK warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Now that the SQ7n is on it's way.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Andy knows more than me but there is quite a bit for different Audi cars within this site

i think richer ABT The guys in the uk contact them there be happy to tell you more

third party warranty would be through ABT and although Audi may not cover ABT are a huge part of Audi race team

but like said above Audi would know the ABT ECU had been used if removed but still think ud be covered through ABT insurance

ud have to let your own insurance know really though but that would be down to you

ABT Sportsline dealer in the UK // Richter Sport UK are - call us on 01908 361 538

ABT Tuning in the UK

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast