1. Angry Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    So I've owned the car for just one month, and some absolute f***wit has already scratched my car, a big wavy one all done one side.

20171125_161007.jpg

I made the mistake of parking in a car park, like you do, I was only there for 20 minutes.

To say I am apoplectic with rage is an under-statement.

I'm pretty sure this will polish out, but I am scared sh**less I'll make things worse, this is Orca black metallic we are talking about here. So will probably get a pro to sort it. But why oh why do people not take more care. FFS! Grrrrr!

0 0 0

2. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Dash cam with parking mode then give the footage to Charles Bronson .

0 1 0

3. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Shame you didn't see who did it, beat the little dipshit till he whimpers. Nothing worse than keying another man's motor. Arsehats, all of them.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

4. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    I just remembered I took out a minor damage protection policy when I bought the car, but I've just checked the policy and it only covers scratches up to 30cm in length, I might be able to claim one 30cm scratch on the rear door and another on the front, I'll give them a call Monday see what they say. There seem to be a few mobile valeters round my way that can polish out scratches, so if I can get some cash out of the policy to pay for it then that'll make me slightly less angry than I am currently.

I'm still furious though, the wife is in a bad mood too as she's had the kids all day and they've been winding her up all day, so we are one big happy household tonight!

0 0 0

5. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Probably a zip or jeans stud of something. Sorry I’d be feeling the same. It will polish out however you’re right get a pro to do it. I’m still parking mine out of the way if possible however I think it only time before someone does something idiotic like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

6. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    i feel your pain. two weeks into owning a previous car a colleague reversed into me.
    then a few months later the local car wash guy who comes round the offices (doesnt wash my car) decided he could squeeze in between my car to wash the car next to me dragging the hose in a nice wavy line all along my doors. My car, and the hose werent clean so it was a deep scratch in a dark blue paint down to the white undercoat in places.
    he didnt admit it but i knew it was him - he wasnt a professional more a cash in hand guy so nothing i could do apart from tell him not to come back - and he didnt which gave me some satisfaction.
    the pain fades is all i can tell you .....

0 0 0

7. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Mate, I'm so sorry to see this, I really feel for you. It drives me mad that other people don't respect others' property.

My wife picked up her brand new Q2 a few weeks back and when I was at work recently she sent me these 2 photos. She was gutted as was I. I do all my own detailing so I was able to polish it out and there is no evidence anymore. I haven't taken any after-photos though.

Looking at yours I would say it can be polished out quite easily. If you run your thumbnail over the scratch and you can't feel it, you could probably get away with doing it by hand with some compound and a hand polishing pad. Halfords would sell what you need.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

8. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Welcome to my world! exactly the same thing happened to me in month 3. As has been said it looks like mine and isn't a scratch so much as their paint/plastic rubbed onto you paint work. Like you I had cosmetic insurance with it totally useless. What I did was got Chipsaway to fix it, I could have done it myself but £96 to have it done by a professional who wont cause more problems than they fix seemed a bargain!

0 0 0

9. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Welcome to my world! exactly the same thing happened to me in month 3. As has been said it looks like mine and isn't a scratch so much as their paint/plastic rubbed onto you paint work. Like you I had cosmetic insurance with it totally useless. What I did was got Chipsaway to fix it, I could have done it myself but £96 to have it done by a professional who wont cause more problems than they fix seemed a bargain!
    +1. I had a scratch over two panels and was quoted about £400 to get everything sorted, my scratch insurance didn't cover it as it was over two panels, so I went to Chipsaway who made it literally look like new for £75. I was extremely sceptical about Chipsaway as I've heard the quality of the people and the job can be quite variable but the guy I got to do mine car very highly recommended by the detailer I use - so if your insurance doesn't cover it, and you can get a good recommendation, Chipsaway are a great bet.
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

10. Re: Scratched already FFS! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, the anger has now been replaced with just being generally annoyed!

My damage insurance is with Premia Solutions, they want me to send pics of the scratches with a ruler next to them, the bad one is on the rear door and the front one is so faint its impossible to get a pic of it, but the rear one is longer than 30cm so I can see straight away they are going to refuse the claim, I'll submit a claim though and see what happens.

I need to get my old R36 valeted so I can sell it, it also has some scratches that need taking out, so I'll probably ask whoever I use to have a go at the Q7 too. There seem to be quite a few mobile valets/detailers round my way so should be able to find someone pretty easily.

Now kicking myself about my parking choice, if only I hadn't parked there, if only I'd parked round the back where I normally go etc. etc.

Need someone to invent time travel so I can go back and park somewhere else!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast