1. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cheers.. It has been! I bought it at the beginning of August, pre sale it had a full service, cam belt and water pump, flywheel, brakes, cv joints and tyres. 80k A6 with good service, cost me just under £7k, thought I was getting a good deal!

Started getting low oil pressure alarms a few days later, as well as engine management light, rough idling... and to top it all off I found out in the hottest week of summer that the air con didn't work!!

Oil pump, balance shafts etc. were all replaced as well as oil sump and pick up cleaned, oil pressure sensor replaced. Lambda sensor replaced. New air con pump and regas as well.

Few days later the car was back for the same problem again. This time they booked it in main Audi dealer who said the engine is knackered, so a remanufactured engine was ordered and fitted. They also fitted a new DPF at the same time.

I've done about 1300 miles in the car since, and all the other problems seem to be sorted now, but this rough idle hasn't gone away and seems to have been getting progressively worse, like the juderring problems I've written about above.

They've had all the injectors out and tested themselves and sent away for independent testing. New injector seals, new MAP sensor, checked all vacuum hoses.... still not sorted.

I'm hoping that they will do this EGR and re-map under warranty, I'm also requesting that they do the auto transmission fluid and filter. The handbook says it needs to be done every 40k, mines at 80k and never been done, can't hurt, can It??

It's driving me mad! I just want to relax and enjoy the car now. Part of me wishes I'd just walked away from it early on, but on the other hand, I've got a nearly new car under the bonnet - and i think ive gone past the point of no return now, so keen to get it fixed!

0 0 0

2. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Why was a remap done anyway - is this needed for a new engine?

do you know any history of the replacement engine?

what year is it?

i can't believe you are so patient, I wouldn't normally say something like this but surely you are at the point of envoking some of your consumer rights i.e. Car not fit for purpose?

either you are on the cusp of getting it sorted or there is something seriously up such as a fault with the 2nd engine or there is an auto box fault which could prove time consuming and costly to fix.

i would consider an amicable conversation with the supplier along the lines of....this car is a lemon either gives me my money back or have you got anything else? Let him chuck it up to auction. Sounds brutal but there are so many variable involved!
    Audi A6 2008 Saloon Sline 2.0 Tdi BRE
    Vw Passat B7 1.6 tdi 2012 estate

Previously - 2008 1.6 tdi Mini, 2006 Mazda Mx5 1.8, 2002 Vw Golf 1.9 tdi SE, 2010 Bmw 318d Msport, 1992 Porsche 944 2.5 turbo, 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 NA, 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 NA

0 0 0

3. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It's a 2007 S-Line Avant.

I'm getting to that point, but in fairness to them, I haven't spent a penny on any of the work thats been done so far. It's all been covered by the garages warranty. So, from my perspective, as long as they're committed to getting it fixed and throwing their own money at the car, then I'm fine with it!!

They've dropped a couple of hints recently that they've spent too much on the car and are reluctant to spend any more. But I'm having a chat with the mechanic and service centre manager Wednesday to discuss if we think new EGR, remap and auto trans fluid and filter will really sort out the remaining issues.

If it doesn't, then as far as I'm concerned they've not managed to fix the originally reported problems, so may start looking at my right to return the vehicle and maybe get into something else.

0 0 0

4. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strath44 View Post
    something important to remember which someone on this forum recently taught me, just because you don't get a fault code doesn't always mean a component is working!
    VERY true, just because you have a code for something does not mean that part is faulty and just because there are no codes does not mean there are no faulty parts, you have to use the full range of Measuring Block data AND the all important asset of experience, too many garages prcatice what I call "barking at codes" rather than thinking about what they see first, such as getting a lambda error and making a knee jerk reaction by fitting a new sensor only to find the problem is an air leak.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoram86 View Post
    I mentioned that the lambda sensor has already been replaced - but was told there's more than one. So I guess one of them is still faulty?
    No it only has one Lambda sensor which is replaced using VAG repair kit 1K0 998 262 AD or the Bosch equivalent 0 281 004 148, the other four sensors in the exhaust are three temperature sensors and a dual line pressure sensor.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Did you try disconnecting the anti-shudder valve / air control flap in front of the egr, very easy to do - it will put on the engine management light on but try it and see how it runs, the light then tends to go off when you plug it back in later.

its hardly your fault the garage has had to spend a lot on it so it's unfortunate but their issue to sort or replace.

do you have a replacement car when it's in all the time?

i think you need to take the angle with the garage that you will give them this last chance to fix it but after that you want a refund or replacement, I can't believe how patient you've been! It would be worth reminding them how patient you have been and how much of a pita this has been!
    Audi A6 2008 Saloon Sline 2.0 Tdi BRE
    Vw Passat B7 1.6 tdi 2012 estate

Previously - 2008 1.6 tdi Mini, 2006 Mazda Mx5 1.8, 2002 Vw Golf 1.9 tdi SE, 2010 Bmw 318d Msport, 1992 Porsche 944 2.5 turbo, 1986 Porsche 944 2.5 NA, 1984 Porsche 944 2.5 NA

0 0 0

6. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    New EGR valve seems to have improved things, EGR was replaced Thursday and the car hasn't been doing any juderring, and has stopped revving too high/hanging onto gears too long... So, fingers crossed, I'm just down to one remaining issue which is the rough idling.

I'm probably going to get a decent remap done, is there anything that a remap might do to settle down a rough idle?

0 0 0

7. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    @Strath44 I haven't tried the anti-shudder valve yet...*

I'm getting there! The new EGR valve seems to have sorted the revving to high and hanging onto gears problem. So I'm down to one remaining problem now - the idling.

It sometimes still idles rough, this morning it was terrible, worst it's been. The vibration/shaking at idle was so bad at times that I thought it was going to cut out completely!

I'm asking my garage to check the anti-shudder valve and also double check Cam Timing. Although it's been suggested that if it were cam timing the problem would be there all the time, not intermittently?*
    I've read about engine mounts... apparently they contain a damping fluid, and if they are faulty or leaking then it could cause engine vibration on idle.*
    But I have noticed that it smokes a bit and smells of unburnt diesel when its idling rough, so it must be something related to the fuel/air mix surely?*

If I can get this bad idling problem sorted, then that's everything sorted!*
    Strangely, I've had this rough idle since I had the car, so all the work it’s had done, all the new parts, new engine etc. and it still idles badly

0 0 0

8. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've emailed my garage and asked them to fund a full ECU reading and remap via Quantum tuning to confirm that everything is ok there.

If that doesn't resolve it I've asked them to check cam timing, fine tune the torsion value and inspect/test the anti shudder valve.

Wish me luck!

0 0 0

9. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know we are a little further away from you in Birdgwater, but if you don't get it sorted, we can take a look for you and do the remap properly.

0 0 0

10. Re: HELP! More Rough Idle, Juddering and Rev problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    One step forward, one step back. The high revving, hanging onto gears etc. has all come back again 😭😒 After changing the EGR the problem went away for over a week, and now it's back again.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast