Hi all this is my first post here and I am looking for some advice. The car in question has done 140k oil changed and minor services done all the time. Went out to the car 1 morning and it won’t start. Prior to this happening however it was running lumpy, especially on start up only firing on 3 cylinders and if you were to boot it now and again the engine management light would come on and when connected to vagcom cylinder 3 misfire would always come up. So changed the coil packs and plugs but made no difference. Then I am where I am now and it won’t start.
I’ve checked the spark from all 4 cylinders and I do have a spark from all of them, and I also check the lift pump and HP pump and again both fine. I removed all the plugs to see if I was getting fuel to all cylinders which I am. So in short iv got fuel iv got spark. What does that leave me? Timing or could it just be something simple like a sensor. I tried to use an old compression gauge but the thing won’t seal properly. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated