Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GDA6 View Post
    You are right of course......mpg is only one factor of overall running costs.
    And the rest of the costs are relatively easy to work out, but the official mpg figures are nonsense which I think is why so many people are (quite reasonably) on here trying to get real life figures.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    A 2014 Ultra will be a very late 2104 vehicle and it will be pre-facelift as they launched the revised engine before doing the facelift a few months later. If you can push the budget to get an early 2015 facelift car you will find it specced to higher standard (All get 4 zone ac, SE gets Xenons, S-Line gets LED headlights, TechPack gets better Satnav with map displayed between dials). There are probably many more cars to choose from too.

Regarding fuel consumption, I have an manual SE Ultra Avant and over the past 28k miles I have averaged about 45mpg, which is about 10% better than I got with the previous non-Ultra Avant. My driving is probably about 60% communicating (mainly a 32 mile round trip along A30/A4 in West London) and 30% fast A Roads and Motorways. On a motorway run )a 200 mile trip to Manchester for example) I will regularly see 56mpg or higher. One thing I have observed is that the type of drive in the first few miles when the engine is cold can massively impact the overall mpg for a 20 mile or so journey.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    oh thats good to know (i'm currently looking to buy a used tdi ultra)... cos the real life mpg on honestjohn and whatcar show it in high 40s and no a6 in 50s whatsoever...

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    I want clarify that my 48mpg is based on a long distance average.

On single 60mls motorway journey with speed 60-70mph I can see 54mpg easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    current: 2019 A6 S-Line 40 TDI Avant (de-chromed)
    sold: 2015 A6 S-line Black Edition 2.0 TDI ULTRA
    MODs: CarPlay with RMC, Ambient Lighting

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi 2015 (65) facelift S-line only done just over 12k 70% local 30% duel carriageway/motorway average is 45-47 mpg. A Recent holiday in France 350 miles on the motorway in one shot with CC set at 85mph returned an indicated 52mpg proved to be correct on a fuel top up once we arrived at the destination. High 40s for Diesel compared to low 40s for petrol works out at about the same cost over time, its only in the last few months that a 2l petrol is offered on a new A6 so if you are getting a second hand one petrol is irrelevant. Also remember that the advertised mpg would be taking into account the use of stop/start and the car set in economy mode where it drops to tick over when off throttle. And a 0-60 of 80 seconds not 8 !!! If you can stretch go for a face lift has much better spec early cars will soon be 3 years old and coming onto the market.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    thanks artheb.. thats what i was assumming... my total daily commute is going to be 120 miles on motorways so mid 50s sound good to me... a colleagues's 320 ed is getting 64mpg on mototrways (understood that its a smaller, lighter car) but i was gonna start thinking about going down 3 series/c class/a4 route if a6s motorways mpg was going to be in mid 40s...

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    any 64reg cars facelifted or only on 15 plate onwards?

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    any 64reg cars facelifted or only on 15 plate onwards?
    There may be a few. The facelift was launched at the Paris Show in October 2014 and I think UK deliveries started in early 2015. The 3.0l TDi engines were not reclassified as Euro6 (and have the AdBlue system included) until April/May but all Facelift 2.0 cars are Ultra and Euro6. So in the period from mid 2014 to mid 2015 you had 2.0 177bhp "Original"; 2.0 190bhp Ultra "Original", 2.0 190bhp Ultra "facelift". Easiest way to spot a facelift car from the outside is the tailpipes. Original 177's have two pipes on the left of the car, "Original" 190 Ultra's have one round pipe each side of the car (like the 3.0 cars have) and "Facelift" Ultra's have the two rectangualr tailpipe finishers

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    There may be a few. The facelift was launched at the Paris Show in October 2014 and I think UK deliveries started in early 2015.
    I got my first facelift ultra in November/December 2014 on a 64 plate.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 TDi ultra 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I am going to look at October 2014 registered car advertised as: AUDI A6 AVANT 2.0 TDI ULTRA 190 SE S-T Estate. It has one round pipe each side of the car so must be Original Ultra.. Am i right in believing it's going to be euro6 as it's an ultra?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast