Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi all
    Q7 is a great car, but sometimes I feel it's let down a little by impenetrable and imperfectly designed MMI software :-(

I regularly use Android Auto with Samsung S8+ for Spotify & NYT podcasts.

In the course of browsing menus (Probably Audi Smartphone menu?) I clearly made a selection that prevents the car from using my phone as the data connection, so no more Spotify, etc

But can I heck find the setting that allows me to reverse this?? So where do I tell the car to use my phone data allowance.

The normal Audi Connect ( weather etc) works fine using the car data connection. All these subscriptions run to 2019, but the data allowance was only the usual first few months, so nothing has changed in that area. This was a self inflected injury..

A second minor query. I am the only user (Primary) in the MMI system. At one stage I was certain I found a menu choice to allow me to be the Default user, yet every time when I go to Audi Connect I have to select/ accept the user. Is this normal, or is there a way around it.
    And I have never seen that menu choice again...

Thanks
    Hugh

0 1 0

2. Re: Use of Mobile Phone data in Android Auto 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Have you changed your phone or is it a dual band one by any chance...?

No matter what Audi tell you or have you believe if you aint already then your phone needs to support Remote access SIM profile AFAIK

Bluetooth SIM Access Profile

I had this whole rant on here some months ago there should be a topic if memory serves..

Hopefully it solves your current delimma

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Use of Mobile Phone data in Android Auto 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Q7 4M 1st Service (2yr ) - Any Tips, Advise Gotcha's , Must Do's , Watch-outs to

There's an older Audi connect thread here to.. Hopefully it all helps

0 0 0

4. Re: Use of Mobile Phone data in Android Auto 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Thanks for that, will review.
    It's the same phone, everything, no changes. Bluetooth works fully, etc, Android pops up in MMI with cable connection, just no data streaming.. And of course Spotify streaming if fine until I connect to the car.

I feel it's likely this is 100% self inflicted, as I do recall exploring the menus :-(

And later...
    Ok, I have reviewed the referenced link: Configuring the Audi MMI WiFi hot-spot | Notes from a Nerd
    It's certainly useful but does not appear to directly correlate with what we see in a Q7. So no joy on first attempt.

I think it's a "reset to factory setting" for MMI, delete everything and start again. While I am at it I will delete the MyAudi account which is more or less dead anyhow and try to breath new life in to that...

But not this week

Hugh
    Last edited by FortyPlus; 07-11-2018 at 09:00 PM.

1 1 0

5. Re: Use of Mobile Phone data in Android Auto 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    End Game, all working good now. I went to Setting and reset the Audi Smartphone & Telephone items back to factory setting. No obvious difference in any menu items that I can see, but everything is working OK now. Bewildered...

0 1 0

6. Re: Use of Mobile Phone data in Android Auto 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Will need to check surely at some point, will try Apple instead of our dual SIM Samsung and Huawei's

0 0 0