Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Just remembered. The ultra in prefacelift and all the facelift diesels are euro 6 compliant and use adblue. With all the anti-diesel political crap going on it might be worth going with a euro 6 compliant car cause if they change rules/taxes the older diesels will take a beating.
    thanks.. also t charge will apply in london for non euro 6 models from 2019 or something so need to keep in mind for that as well

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    For me the sweet spot is a late 2013 my14 with CVT. But this also requires a service every 38k. But whatever you buy check and double check its service history, and try to find out if it's been chipped in the past. If you can try and find one with Annual oil service.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    talk about seeing what i want to see(or afraid to see) than whats there (reg £2-3k)..

think may have to stick with 2litres though due to better fuel economy.. the difference in fuel savings is 400 pounds per year using official non-urban mpg numbers for both assuming 30k miles.. not expecting them to achieve the advertised numbers but presuming the relative difference to remain similar.. also the annual road tax and insurance costs will be higher for bitdi as well .. i havent got too many no claims so insure difference will be exaggerated for me....

supposedly 3 litre is the more relaxed drive especially in 70-80mph region (i have only driven 2 litre so far) and i could do with the quattro functionality as we do put up the winter tyres and head off to northern europe driving in snow, sleet etc but that'll push it past my budget if it isnt already....

definitely going to have warranty one way or another.. a colleague just bought a 3 series and only had to pay 800 pounds for 4 years of warranty.. so im thinking buy from auction (if i can find the right car) and buy warranty for 3-4 years for less than a grand as opposed to buying from dealer and only getting 6 months to a years warranty...

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    For me the sweet spot is a late 2013 my14 with CVT. But this also requires a service every 38k. But whatever you buy check and double check its service history, and try to find out if it's been chipped in the past. If you can try and find one with Annual oil service.
    thanks for the pointer.. how do i go about finding if a car's been chipped

also is it possible to go in the dashboard menu and find when it was serviced..i see people checking 5 series' car history through its dashboard at the auction...

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    thanks for the pointer.. how do i go about finding if a car's been chipped

also is it possible to go in the dashboard menu and find when it was serviced..i see people checking 5 series' car history through its dashboard at the auction...
    You could check it on the myaudi website with the vin but they still have a book

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    You can check time/distance to next service on the screen. It's under 'car'. Not foolproof as you can reset the service indicator with VCDS. I found that my 3.0 tdi did great motorway mpg - almost as good as a 2.0tdi.
    Tech pack advanced should have all the extras you need - lane assist, side assist, ACC as well as a couple of others.
    There are some great deals on new A6 at the moment. Our local dealer is doing Audi A6 2.0 TDI quattro SE Exec S-Tronic for 360 p/m and 360 deposit.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 1 0

7. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Many Thanks Scott... what was the real life mpg for your 3 litre... around 55mpg or more like 45mpg?
    thanks for the tech pack suggestion as well... on pcp i think it's going to be a bit hard for me to find reasonable offers for 35k annual mileage..

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Mine was the bi turbo and over 50k the average was 38mpg but motorways was 45 mpg. In contrast, our A4 avant 2.0 tdi average was 44 and about 55 on the motorway so pretty poor. None of these were euro 6 diesels though.
    On the pcp, one option is to go for a lower mileage and then buy the car at the end or trade it in against another. We have never had to pay for extra miles as we tend to trade them in. You obviously pay for it somewhere though!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    i did think about that and got various offers from carwow but have decided against it.... just started a new job so dont want to commit to spend 30k and like to have the flexibility to sell if need be.... may be a year down the line when i am more secure in the job and if the next car turns out to be unreliable but hopefully it will be reliable

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A6 for 35k miles motorway commute? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    the same car is back on sale again in the auction next week.. it was sold in the auction 2 weeks ago ..... wonder if it was sold provisionally then and is back again or if there something is really wrong with it!!

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast