Hey fellow earthlings, hope you are all well! So I've had parking brake motor issues and have now removed both motors from the calipers. My plan is to get two new motors and rebuild the calipers with fresh seals for extra assurance. I have a few questions to ask.

Starting with the caliper, when removing it, once it is removed the bleed cable will drip, are you meant to have the brake pedal a little pressed to stop it from dripping or do I use some sort of tie? Also when installing and having to push back the piston, they say the bleed nipple should be opened and the brake fluid reservoir cap? What if I push the piston in before attaching the brake cable, same rule applies? Should I fit in new brake cables as mine are probably original and it's a 55 plate or do these things last? If I should change, any specific material that is best? I've heard that you should never twist the back of the rear calipers, instead they are meant to be pushed in, twisted only with the intent to remove the piston from the caliper. I have seen this video and he uses a specific tool, anyone know what it is, it's at 2:08

Brake Caliper Rebuild ♦ Audi/VW/Skoda/Seat ♦ - YouTube

If I can't get the tool, will a standard rewind tool be fine to remove the piston? I know you are meant to use the vagcom but motor will not be attached. Once everything is put together again, do I pump the brake pedal to get fluid pumping through? Last thing I want is all this work and then the brakes have no power in them.

One of my abs cables on my front tyre is broken but no abs light or braking issues, shall I leave it or is it vital to have it connected? The motors I will be fitting in are not the TRW originals, all I know is the non OEM cannot be repaired and that's it. If they come with 2 years warranty will they be good as OEM or have their been reported issues with aftermarket ones?