Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    The 2 Stroke some have reported a halfing of the smoke opacity test , less smoke , less soot for a dpf to deal with .

There can be no doubt this is true as today I've just looked back at all the Boston print outs since 2011 , the first 3 on 2 different machines are almost 2.00.

From 2013 on the same serial # machine we have nearly 2.00 , 2014 1.50 and thereafter around 1.00 one is 0.94 , this corrosponds with my occasional then total last 3 years
    2 Stroke usage and therefore is conclusive

It's going to be close on the Boston with dad's now dpf less 1.7 euro 5 common rail as after 20th May the limit will half to 0.75 .

Time for 2 Stroke !

0 0 0

2. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    the veg has a higher Cetane number than most pump fuel asda-tesco ect-(may be shell is a bit better)and if it has not been processed into bio-then the Glycerin is still in it which is used as a lube in thousands of products,--if you are looking to boost the Cetane number in you fuel try this--Millers Diesel Power Ecomax-- used it loads of times and it do's what it says on the bottle !! re smoke test 0.02 is the highest it has ever been across the board-and I think that is because I still have the crank case breather hooked up--veg is not a petroleum based fuel no cems etc- so no carbon at all and no carbon build up in any part of the engine !! ps-a petrol additive will not boost the cetane number of diesel !!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Yes it will !!!

I saw a test with cetane boosters some worked some didn't , 2 Stroke did , by adding a petrol like combustible product it acts as a catalyst where the 2 Stroke ignites first then the diesel molecules follow thus reducing ignition delay , how else do you explain many over the world observing , better cold starting , smoke opacity halfed , quieter smoother engine.

See these 'Stop smoke' diesel products in motorfactors ? Well they're kerosene based which is more ignitable than diesel so same cetane boosting principle .

Millers Ecomax is good as is Diesel Rhino but they're expensive for small amounts , bulk is best , 5L of a genuine Cetane booster is 2- EHN , now I'm going to be very worried if you've never heard of it .

2-Ethyl-Hexyl Nitrate Ultra Pure 99% HYDRA FUEL 2-EHN Diesel Cetane Improver 5L | eBay

Peeps also combine it with 2 Stroke .

Had a quick look at sunflower oil and it's too far out for me , 14 times viscosity than diesel at 0 , cetane number at 40 where as ideal is mid to high 50's .

0 0 0

4. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Yes it will !!!

I saw a test with cetane boosters some worked some didn't , 2 Stroke did , by adding a petrol like combustible product it acts as a catalyst where the 2 Stroke ignites first then the diesel molecules follow thus reducing ignition delay , how else do you explain many over the world observing , better cold starting , smoke opacity halfed , quieter smoother engine.

See these 'Stop smoke' diesel products in motorfactors ? Well they're kerosene based which is more ignitable than diesel so same cetane boosting principle .

Millers Ecomax is good as is Diesel Rhino but they're expensive for small amounts , bulk is best , 5L of a genuine Cetane booster is 2- EHN , now I'm going to be very worried if you've never heard of it .

2-Ethyl-Hexyl Nitrate Ultra Pure 99% HYDRA FUEL 2-EHN Diesel Cetane Improver 5L | eBay

Peeps also combine it with 2 Stroke .

Had a quick look at sunflower oil and it's too far out for me , 14 times viscosity than diesel at 0 , cetane number at 40 where as ideal is mid to high 50's .
    yes I'v heard of 2- EHN, all my cars have been veged for yrs-an all very quiet start ok, an veg once upto 70degrese just same as diesel, where you get the quote on cetane numbers ??? dont sound rite to me--but I could/can be wrong--it wouldnt be the first time.hahaha kerosene is faster burn 10second where diesel is around 12,that y it burns hotter !

0 0 0

5. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    I will def be trying the 2stoke just to compare !!! that linke fot 2-EHN I'v had b4 the stuff realy works, as for cetan numbers every car can be different ie-it trial and error to find what your can likes--if you know what I meen !!
    Last edited by Vagnuts; 17-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.

0 0 0

6. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    It was quite awkward to find a cetane number , it was an old 1982 paper but sunflower oil is sunflower oil .

I'm not going to swallow all the info as it's 1982 but some must be relevant .

Sunflower oil has emerged among the vegetable oils as potential fuel alternatives. The Province of Manitoba is the major producer of sunflower oil in Canada. This study was initiated to investigate the fuel-related physical properties and performance characteristics in compression ignition engines. The results for sunflower oil were summarized and compared with No. 2 diesel fuel. The most detrimental parameter in the use of sunflower oil is its higher viscosity which is about 14 times higher than diesel fuel at 37.78/sup 0/C. The problem of higher viscosity can be solved by transesterification of sunflower oil to its methyl ester. The cetane number of sunflower oil is a little less than the minimum value of 40 for No. 2 diesel fuel. Specific fuel consumption was higher due to its lower energy value whereas thermal efficiency was satisfactory when compared with No. 2 diesel fuel. Oxidation of sunflower oil left heavy gum and wax deposits on the stationary engine parts and the test bench equipment. Lower levels of corrosion can be expected on metal parts due to the lower sulfur content in the sunflower oil. Fire hazards associated with fuel handling will be reduced because of the higher flash point of sunflower oil. 5 figures, 4 tables. (DP)

..High viscosity can lead to injection problems, poor atomization and incomplete combustion. While the vegetable oils do not have good properties on injection and ignition , they have high flash point and provide advantage on storage safety678. Besides the transesterification method was widely used in order to remove the negativities arising from vegetable oils, pyrolysis, microemulsion and refining methods are also used9101112. ...

0 0 0

7. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    It was quite awkward to find a cetane number , it was an old 1982 paper but sunflower oil is sunflower oil .

I'm not going to swallow all the info as it's 1982 but some must be relevant .

Sunflower oil has emerged among the vegetable oils as potential fuel alternatives. The Province of Manitoba is the major producer of sunflower oil in Canada. This study was initiated to investigate the fuel-related physical properties and performance characteristics in compression ignition engines. The results for sunflower oil were summarized and compared with No. 2 diesel fuel. The most detrimental parameter in the use of sunflower oil is its higher viscosity which is about 14 times higher than diesel fuel at 37.78/sup 0/C. The problem of higher viscosity can be solved by transesterification of sunflower oil to its methyl ester. The cetane number of sunflower oil is a little less than the minimum value of 40 for No. 2 diesel fuel. Specific fuel consumption was higher due to its lower energy value whereas thermal efficiency was satisfactory when compared with No. 2 diesel fuel. Oxidation of sunflower oil left heavy gum and wax deposits on the stationary engine parts and the test bench equipment. Lower levels of corrosion can be expected on metal parts due to the lower sulfur content in the sunflower oil. Fire hazards associated with fuel handling will be reduced because of the higher flash point of sunflower oil. 5 figures, 4 tables. (DP)

..High viscosity can lead to injection problems, poor atomization and incomplete combustion. While the vegetable oils do not have good properties on injection and ignition , they have high flash point and provide advantage on storage safety678. Besides the transesterification method was widely used in order to remove the negativities arising from vegetable oils, pyrolysis, microemulsion and refining methods are also used9101112. ...
    Thanks for the info--I know its thicker so dosnt atomize the same-untill its at 70degrese) but as iv said i have been using it for last 25yrs in all my diesel cars with no probs what so ever. try ten or twenty ltrs in you car without the two stroke and let me know how you get on !!

0 0 0

8. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi, I finally got to the cause of the leek which was a leak in the lower timing chain cover. It was running down the front of the engine block covering the sump, oil sensor and atf pipes. All seems to be dry there now. And work was all paid for by either rac warranty and or purchasing garage. After a little tooing and frowing and citing my right to reject the car under the consumer rights act.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Opinions wanted.. Oil leak noticed after 1 month of purchace from dealer. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Great result - well done, and thanks for letting us know.

0 0 0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345