1. Question 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, don't really know where to put it but I have a A4 B6 and would be printing parts for this car, hence posted here.

Anyone ever printed replacement plastic parts for there A4? Aldi are going to be selling a 3D printer soon for £300 which is cheap, and from what I've managed to find out online it's not trash either. Thinking of buying one for various reasons, but one reason is to print out replacement plastic parts for my car i.e clips or bits for the interior that have snapped or broken.
    Any of you guys ever tried this?

Been thinking of getting one of these for a while as said for various reasons, seems like it could be handy if I could replace bits in my car with it. I've experience which 3D modelling so creating the parts won't be an issue either.

Cheers!

0 0 0

2. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    There are a few bits on thingiverse for the b6/b7... What parts are you thinking of making? One suggestion would be to engineer a broken glove box hinge fix that’s nicer than the current ‘screw a metal bracket to it’ solution.

0 0 0

3. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have a 3d printer but lack the ability to 3d model things.

0 0 0

4. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thinking of making parts for the interior that have either broken or are too costly to buy/can't get hold off. The glovebox bracket will be one part I was thinking of doing along with some other little bits. I can 3D model so can create whatever I need really.

0 0 0

5. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    The main interior bits that break in the b6/b7 are the poorly engineered glove box hinge, the glovebox handle and the armrest latch, all of which already have fairly well finished solutions which can be bought inexpensively from fleabay, I’m all about doing projects for the love of it and totally get why you’d like to get a 3d printer. they’re great fun, but I wouldn’t expect to be able to turn any kind of a profit selling printed replacement oem parts is all.

0 0 0

6. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Having said that, were you to produce a decent set of tweeter pods that would allow aftermarket tweeters to sit outside of the housing I might be in the market for a set

0 0 0

7. Re: 3D Print replacement parts 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    It was never to make profit selling bits more to create parts I need or to be able to make functional modifications I want to do to the car. Have managed to configure the printer and have so far printed a working latch that snapped for the compartment that holds the warning triangle. Going to start modelling some designs for other bits and bobs soon but the glovebox hinge will be one of them once I've made some measurements.

0 0 0