1. "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Folks, I have noticed a fairly distinctive "whine" under medium to hard acceleration, it seems to occur at both low revs and high revs when I put my foot down.

I've attached a couple of links to the sound clips of what I'm talking about. I can't be sure if it's coming from the engine or not, but it's fairly prominent in the cabin.

Any thoughts appreciated - my first thought was that a turbo was on it's way out but there's no drop in performance and there are no warning lights or errors of any sort popping up in the VC or MMI.

Thanks
    Scott

Vocaroo | Voice message

Vocaroo | Voice message
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

2. Re: "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    Sounds like one of turbos when building boost up.
    Do the code read maybe something pops up.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 1 0

3. Re: "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks Renars.

I'm away from home right now but I've just got my wife to floor the accelerator several times whilst I was on the phone to her, and it doesn't seem to be doing it when she's driving with her key! Could it something linked to the profile stored on my key? Each time she did it, the boost gauge went all the way up to maximum as you would expect. I will check the boost gauge with my key tomorrow...
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

4. Re: "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    55 Post(s)
    As there is no warning lights, gauge will, probably, show boost building fine.
    On my Passat had a turbo screaming like hell, but no warnings and fault codes only very slight delay of boost.
    On SQ7 its most likely hard to feel any delay lol.
    Current cars:
    2007 Passat b6 2.0 tdi BMR DSG
    2013 Golf MK7 1.6 tdi 5 speed

0 0 0

5. Re: "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Not sure on that one.. Sounds like the turbo potentially but it could also be the structure Bourne sound module which produces the additional 'noise' when accelerating. If there was an error plugging into the dealer computer would soon throw it up.

Andy.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: "Whine" noise under acceleration 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone. Will take it to Audi for a look. Hopefully it doesn’t mean ANOTHER two months off the road!

0 0 0