Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Hello to the Forum.

I have just ordered a SQ7 Vorsprung so just started this thread to say hi and hope to get involved with the forum a bit in the future.
    Just ordered so don’t even have an estimate build date yet - long wait begins
    Been in Audis for a few years now and coming from an RS6 – so it will be a bit of a change but I have always missed the height since I had an SQ5 and a growing family has convinced me to do it.
    Was worried about getting back into Diesel but I don’t think it will be a problem.
    I think I got a great deal from the same dealer where I got my previous car from – they are always willing to beat any offer I have to keep my custom. My only wish is that they were my local!

0 1 0

2. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    Hello to the Forum.

I have just ordered a SQ7 Vorsprung so just started this thread to say hi and hope to get involved with the forum a bit in the future.
    Just ordered so don’t even have an estimate build date yet - long wait begins
    Been in Audis for a few years now and coming from an RS6 – so it will be a bit of a change but I have always missed the height since I had an SQ5 and a growing family has convinced me to do it.
    Was worried about getting back into Diesel but I don’t think it will be a problem.
    I think I got a great deal from the same dealer where I got my previous car from – they are always willing to beat any offer I have to keep my custom. My only wish is that they were my local!
    Welcome from another new member. My patient wait is coming to an end, 7 more days to wait for me.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Welcome, you will love the SQ7...I had my heart set on an RS6 but the wife said "no" so the SQ7 was the compromise and I have absolutely no regrets other than I wish the Vorspung option was available when I ordered mine 18 months ago !!! I've driven both and whilst the SQ7 is obviously not as quick as the RS6, it more than makes up for it everywhere else. IMO there is a bigger sense of grandeur with an SQ7 given its size and imposition.

What part of Bonnie Scotland do you hail from?
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

4. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Hi, made the same change in July from a nardo RS6. We had to as we now tow a horse box and didn’t fancy crossing a field in the RS. I do miss the manic quality of the RS as it lunged to the horizon , and it certainly had more presence than the SQ. But honestly in every other area I prefer the SQ, in fact we find the SQ better to travel further and faster in. Also you can catch the odd performance Bavarian napping which is entertaining (or childish as the wife says �� ) , you’ll love it.

0 0 0

5. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Glad to hear everyone is enjoying - im hoping it will fill all our requirements as i would like to try keep it for a while.
    I will miss the presence as you say of the 6 but you rarely get to use its performance and i think this will be a nicer place to be behind the wheel - plus all the toys will keep me busy.
    Naturally my bubble was quickly burst a day after ordering with the news articles about the impending doom the gov is bringing to diesels - although i was under no illusions that it is a dying fuel (beyond the lifetime of this car) i wasnt expecting anything to radical so soon. just have to wait see.
    I am at risk to anything they bring in early next year - no delivery date yet but we were anticipating getting it / delaying taking delivery for the 18 plate.
    will just have to wait see

I have gone all black - night black no cost option - seen a couple like this (well some form of black) and thought they looked great. im sure it will annoy me trying to keep it clean. I always said i would get a black car - oh well. Didnt want daytona as thats my current colour and although i like sepang (had it on another car) and i think it suits the SQ7 well, i decided against

im in glasgow - but when i tried to get my local to match the deal they just laughed, politely and said they dont understand why dealers give the cars away.
    i would love to know how much they make on a car like this. probably not as much as i think.

0 0 0

6. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    So after a long wait the tracker has finally updated to "in transit" so only a matter of weeks now.
    Cant wait.
    Just to sour the experience in the week i am trying to prep my current car for sale i managed to kerb an alloy and damage the brand new tyre so it needs replaced as well. NEVER kerbed a wheel before. And then today a fault came up on the dash with the start stop - turns out after investigation by Audi that is is un-repairable at the moment there is an ongoing TIL advising no fix at present. Marvelous i can see the punters now believing every word.

0 0 0

7. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    So after a long wait the tracker has finally updated to "in transit" so only a matter of weeks now.
    Cant wait.
    Just to sour the experience in the week i am trying to prep my current car for sale i managed to kerb an alloy and damage the brand new tyre so it needs replaced as well. NEVER kerbed a wheel before. And then today a fault came up on the dash with the start stop - turns out after investigation by Audi that is is un-repairable at the moment there is an ongoing TIL advising no fix at present. Marvelous i can see the punters now believing every word.
    Gulp...is it worth trading it in as a PX? Yes you’ll lose a little but if dash warning is on would a private user buy it?

0 0 0

8. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    Gulp...is it worth trading it in as a PX? Yes you’ll lose a little but if dash warning is on would a private user buy it?
    To be frank yes - £4k worth which cant be ignored based on current offers. I'm not going to be selling to a private buyer but to trade through sites like Tootle. so i might get away with it??
    Dare i say it webuyanycar has offered s £2k more!
    it isnt a yellow light on the dash more like the image below i have taken from the web. Hindsight i should have got Audi to clear the fault but the full details werent known to me at the time.
    dd46e0b4b28502ad.jpg

0 0 0

9. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    by some minor miracle the stop start has fixed itself after a few days. Perfect timing.

Another question - what Hankooks do these come with? searching 285 35 22 seems to show only one option - ventus st? appear to be an allseason tire any good in these conditions?

0 0 0

10. Re: New member 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Could it be down to the battery? I fiddled with my dashcam voltage cutoff and all sorts of weird errors were coming up. I think I had start stop faults and auto brake. Set the dashcam back to original setting and gave the battery an overnight charge and all back to normal.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast