Notices
 

  

User Tag List

Thread: New member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. Re: New member 
    #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Heres mine. Absolutely fantastic so far, very impressive throughout.

    IMG_0551.JPG


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 2 0
     

  2. Re: New member 
    #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    nice
    Hope you are enjoying playing with all the toys. I particularly like the variable cruise control.

    Couple of things i have noticed, all very small points - no TPMS where you can view the pressures etc in the car, for some reason only the back indicators sweep, (i realise this is supposed to be the case). My windscreen nozzles are naff and im sure i was supposed to get body coloured wing mirrors (but i prefer the silver so no matter)
     
    0 0 0
     

  3. Re: New member 
    #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    nice
    Hope you are enjoying playing with all the toys. I particularly like the variable cruise control.

    Couple of things i have noticed, all very small points - no TPMS where you can view the pressures etc in the car, for some reason only the back indicators sweep, (i realise this is supposed to be the case). My windscreen nozzles are naff and im sure i was supposed to get body coloured wing mirrors (but i prefer the silver so no matter)
    Funny enough Iím struggling to get to grips with the toys a little, even the variable cruise control is completely different to what Iím used too. Iím coming from BMW and everything is completely opposite. Havenít even looked at TPMS yet. Also still having trouble connecting to my audi on the app which is annoying.

    I thought exactly the same when I see your wing mirrors (before seeing my car). I like the silver much better but was expecting black so that was a nice bonus. I asked the dealer and he didnít know why some are different?.

    The engine feels absolutely fantastic so far and I absolutely love the seats and pan roof.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  4. Re: New member 
    #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Make sure you have the new version of the app i wasnt aware of this until the dealer told me (on the iphone is should be red with the audi rings).
    should be straight forward to get your car on the app the tricky bit is getting the car to send the fuel, mileage etc to the app.
    you need to setup the primary user in the connect module in the car first
    It can take a day or so to populate the fuel readings, mileage etc

    Engine is great massive torque and im saying that coming from an RS6.
    It sounds better in dynamic mode from the outside than it does from the inside unfortunately but im very happy with it.
    mpg isnt great ave 26 mgp so far but i didnt get this to be concerned about that, im sure it will improve with time and mileage.
     
    0 0 0
     

  5. Re: New member 
    #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    Make sure you have the new version of the app i wasnt aware of this until the dealer told me (on the iphone is should be red with the audi rings).
    should be straight forward to get your car on the app the tricky bit is getting the car to send the fuel, mileage etc to the app.
    you need to setup the primary user in the connect module in the car first
    It can take a day or so to populate the fuel readings, mileage etc

    Engine is great massive torque and im saying that coming from an RS6.
    It sounds better in dynamic mode from the outside than it does from the inside unfortunately but im very happy with it.
    mpg isnt great ave 26 mgp so far but i didnt get this to be concerned about that, im sure it will improve with time and mileage.
    Cheers. I downloaded that app tonight as I was using the other one and I finally got it connected after playing around with it for a couple of hours!

    Feel like Iím starting to get used to the Audi menu a bit more now though which is good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

  6. Re: New member 
    #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Getting the Gtechniq treatment applied tomorrow on all the exterior.
    Hopefully help to keep swirls marks to a minimum - something i am worried about having the standard night black solid colour. Always said i would never have a black car but this looked so good i conveniently forgot that promise.
    I have had Gtechniq on my last couple of cars and it has been great - i particularly like the windscreen treatment which if applied correctly has a decent lifespan.
    Will post photos once done as it will never be cleaner.
     
    0 0 0
     

  7. Re: New member 
    #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    Getting the Gtechniq treatment applied tomorrow on all the exterior.
    Hopefully help to keep swirls marks to a minimum - something i am worried about having the standard night black solid colour. Always said i would never have a black car but this looked so good i conveniently forgot that promise.
    I have had Gtechniq on my last couple of cars and it has been great - i particularly like the windscreen treatment which if applied correctly has a decent lifespan.
    Will post photos once done as it will never be cleaner.
    Wow I litterally could have wrote that word for word myself. Iíve had a lot of colours but never had black. My last car i ordered in black and changed it to silver, as I was so worried!

    I had the Gtechniq applied last weekend and feel a little less precious now. Its definitely worth it.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 2 0
     

  8. Re: New member 
    #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I thought it was in good condition from the factory but it takes something like this to truly show the difference.
    I stand no chance with this paint lol

    IMG_5864.jpg
     
    0 0 0
     

  9. Re: New member 
    #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossmc444 View Post
    I had the Gtechniq applied last weekend and feel a little less precious now. Its definitely worth it.
    What coating did you go for in the end? I have gone with CSL with the Exo overcoat, little bit more expensive but i was keen to try. Previous cars have had the C1 and Exo but as im keeping this for 4 years (if i stick to that this will be the best car i have ever owned) and it is black i thought this would be the better option.
    I used to be one of them who took real care in washing, waxing my car etc but since having kids time has evaporated so now i just want something where a wash will sort me even just a snowfoam only in the winter to get rid of the worst.
    Reverted back to the old me there for a second ....
     
    0 0 0
     

  10. Re: New member 
    #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    What coating did you go for in the end? I have gone with CSL with the Exo overcoat, little bit more expensive but i was keen to try. Previous cars have had the C1 and Exo but as im keeping this for 4 years (if i stick to that this will be the best car i have ever owned) and it is black i thought this would be the better option.
    I used to be one of them who took real care in washing, waxing my car etc but since having kids time has evaporated so now i just want something where a wash will sort me even just a snowfoam only in the winter to get rid of the worst.
    Reverted back to the old me there for a second ....
    I just went for C1 and EXO. Very pleased with the end result. Iíve bought a lot of new cleaning products for myself too which should help keep it up to scratch.

    And I understand what you mean about time restraints with the kids! I always find when I do have a couple of hours spare its raining too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
     
    0 0 0
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. New member
    By Joncon1 in forum New Member Introductions - Sponsored by BVR Automotive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20-09-2015, 09:10 PM
  2. New member just saying Hi
    By addison in forum New Member Introductions - Sponsored by BVR Automotive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25-04-2010, 06:24 PM
  3. Hi all New Member
    By repoker23 in forum New Member Introductions - Sponsored by BVR Automotive
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-05-2009, 06:48 AM
  4. New member
    By joey1002 in forum New Member Introductions - Sponsored by BVR Automotive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM
  5. New Member
    By asm51 in forum New Member Introductions - Sponsored by BVR Automotive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




  



Disclaimer: VW Audi Forum is an "independant enthusiast website", administered in line with guidelines supplied by VAG in the UK, and is in no way related to any of the Worldwide Volkswagen,Audi,Seat,Skoda,Bentley,Bugatti,Porsche or Lamborghini group of Companies. For official up to date information on any of there vehicles, please visit the official websites. Any comments made throughout this website, are the views of the respective poster, and in no way represent the views of the VW Audi Forum Administration, or the worldwide Volkswagen & Audi Group of companies.


VW Audi Forum do not vet and are not responsible for any information which is posted in this forum. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.


Copyright: Certain "words", "phrases" and "Images" used on this website by the Administration are "Copyright" of Volkswagen GB, Volkswagen AG (Germany), Audi GB, Audi AG (Germany), Volkswagen Motorsport GB, Volkswagen Motorsport AG (Germany), Audi Motorsport AG (Germany), Volkswagen Racing GB, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche and Lamborghini. No image can be replicated by anyone WITHOUT the relevant Companies written permission.


All trademarks and copyrights remain property of their respective owners.

No part of the VW Audi Forum website or forum may be reproduced without written permission from the site administration


PLEASE NOTE - PERSONAL ABUSE, ABUSE AGAINST THIS OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE OR ANY COMPANY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. OFFENDERS WILL BE MODERATED OR EVEN BANNED.


This website and forum are best viewed at a minimum resolution of 1024 by 768.



  



- VW AUDI Forum - The #1 Volkswagen (VW) Group Forum - Volkswagen (VW) - Audi - Seat - Skoda - Bentley - Bugatti - Lamborghini - Porsche - VW Audi Forum -


- www.vwaudiforum.co.uk - www.vwaudiforum.co.uk -