Hi folks,

First time posting . I just got a VCDS from Gendan, have my first autoscan and trying to get a handle on a few things. I have a 2010 VW Golf TDI which has been affected by the emissions scandal. It looks like the EGR valve failed a couple of days after something was flashed after going in for a fix... which led to limp mode and a whole lot of pain. I'm trying to get a handle on whether I can:

1. Get the name of a workshop from the workshop code?
2. Get what I should expect to see for a 2010 Golf if the emissions fix was applied? Is there a patch id or something similar I can find for the code/patch, and/or a site that has a list of the various codes? I'd imagine clearing a fault code would also register as flashing the software, is this a correct assumption?
3. Check for a part replacement? There was a fuel injector that had to be replaced which caused the service requirement in the first place. Do the fuel injectors talk to the ECU and give their ids/serial numbers or is there a replacement time associated with removing them?
4. Is there a guide to getting any of the above out there?
5. Has anyone measured turbo response, fuel usage etc to see how close to the manufacturer parameters they are. Would be good to see if I can modify my driving style etc for fuel efficiency, and to see how the car is handling in general now that I have the VCDS .

Thanks in advance,

BlamBot