Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    So, not too many folk want to hear about the potential legal issues they might face if they follow your 'tips on how to avoid costly bills' instead you go off on one like some self appointed advocate of arsehattery. I was merely attempting to point out the potential pitfalls at a time when (partly due to people who bypass emission controls) diesel ice's are facing the axe with all the ongoing detrimental effects that will have. But I can understand how someone with such a wonderful grasp of 'languish' may not fully appreciate that.
    Up here where I live we/I get spot checked all the time/--some times just because of the smell from my exhaust- but its all legal and no prob--I don't ever go off on one as you put it-cause I just aint like that--and I aint suggesting that anyone do anything illegal, just tips on how not to have heaps of black smoke pour out of there exhaust and-(save a bit of coin on fuel bills) in the long run end up choking there inlets !(read black smoke=un burnt fuel=loss of power !!) you really should in my humble opinion-take a good hard listen to yourself !!! ""And yes" maybe I should do the same--but I know what I am saying/talking about regards exhaust fumes(read no smoke at all-and certainly not toxic in any way !) are correct"" Have a nice day whom ever you are !!!

0 1 0

2. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnuts View Post
    -but I know what I am saying/talking about regards exhaust fumes(read no smoke at all-and certainly not toxic in any way !) are correct"" Have a nice day whom ever you are !!!
    So, we have a difference of opinion, one the one hand we have the entire motor industry as well as every government in the technologically advanced world saying the emission control devices control toxic pollution, and then there's you. Who says they're not needed. Well done. Save the industry billions, and the planet as a side issue, just delete the emission control system, we don't really need it do we. Truly haven't laughed so much since reading all the outraged protests on the barryboys forum from people defending their 'individual' taste in Halfords tat!
    Even the expert video posted here a page or so ago quoted on of the 'cons' as being more emissions.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

3. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Am I going to need to heavily invest in popcorn ?

0 1 0

4. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    Am I going to need to heavily invest in popcorn ?
    Naw! You're ok fella, I'm done. Just got tired of people telling me how clever it is to reinforce the public image of diesel drivers being polluters. Personal view. Stay happy mate.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

5. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I think there's a future for it , infrastructures already there , Continental's 48V catalytic converter etc .

And of course veggie and sunflower oil , lol .

Diesel tax anger as new models beat petrol in pollution tests | News | The Times & The Sunday Times

0 1 0

6. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    To be honest, I think the damage is done, it's all down to public perception, ignorance and politicians reactions to same. It's far too easy to scream foul than it is to do proper research and re-education. Modern diesels are, as you know really quite clean and with a bit more work on the oxides of nitrogen issue would be relatively safe, however in the current atmosphere where people are calling for the ban on electric vehicles from cities citing particulates from tyres as a killer I think the battles lost. We'll see though.

0 1 0

7. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    And brake dust , probably could be reformulated for tyres and pads to produce much less , the difference between non ECE R90 racing pads and legal R90 ceramic is considerable .

I'm off today to design a hovering vehicle that I can run of my own farts .

2 2 0

8. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I think that you are right Whippy,,,,,,barring some revolutionary new discovery which will make all ICE engines in their present format obsolete. Diesels first, then the Petrol's, will be phased out, (started already). And the EV's will rule, practically done and dusted, and all the traffic pollution will end.....and everyone ( well perhaps not quite ) will be happy. Then we will have to think about generating all the electricity needed to keep the show on the road.....
    Jim.

0 0 0

9. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    We will all have to ride for 30 mins a day on a static bike linked to the grid to maintain it .

Anyone remember the 1970's power cuts ?

0 1 0

10. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    It will never happen. Fuel duty makes billions for the revenue. There will be new taxes for something else if it was to happen. The infrastructure isn’t in place.
    The other thing is if we all drove ev’s, all that would do is move the pollution elsewhere. We don’t have enough renewables/nuclear (clean) power generation in this country.

0 1 0

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567