Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagnuts View Post
    sorry to hear ya not still driving it--mines on 240 thousand at the min, oil an filter every ten--or once a year which ever first- ecu reset every month--drives like new last 100.000miles on sunflower oil only !!! Sorry just realized that I am on A6 side of things--our A6 C5 2.5 TDI V6-on 140thousand- and used and serviced as the above post !!!
    Same as my golf. Religiously every 10k. Oil, air, fuel filters and fluids changed. It was like 40 quid in parts and fluids and I did it in my driveway in a hour or so.
    Only expensive thing was clutch/dmf in the 10 years I had it.
    I did look into the veggie oil thing as I know a lot of folk in fast food so plenty of free waste oil but it was too much hassle filtering the thing then ideally install a separate tank in the car etc. Then read somewhere that modern diesels don’t like it and can cause issues.

0 1 0

2. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    I don't understand as all the money Vagnuts has saved he should be driving a Bentley Continental V8 diesel .

1 1 0

3. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazwould View Post
    I don't understand as all the money Vagnuts has saved he should be driving a Bentley Continental V8 diesel .
    I would never buy a new car, prefer the older stuff, I would even go back to an old volvo 960 estate with LT35 inline 2.4 6pot TDI---if I could find a nice CLEAN 1, new cars don't interest me- to many electrics and usually need computer just to work on them !!!

0 1 0

4. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    Same as my golf. Religiously every 10k. Oil, air, fuel filters and fluids changed. It was like 40 quid in parts and fluids and I did it in my driveway in a hour or so. Only expensive thing was clutch/dmf in the 10 years I had it. I did look into the veggie oil thing as I know a lot of folk in fast food so plenty of free waste oil but it was too much hassle filtering the thing then ideally install a separate tank in the car etc. Then read somewhere that modern diesels don’t like it and can cause issues.
    I just filter used stuff (when I get it) through old pair of Levis 501-cold filtered then strait into the tank---but yes the common rails don't like veg if it is not thinned out enough---but ten twenty ltrs in a tank will not cause any probs- i know this as a friend uses in mk5 2.0l TDI common rail !!!

0 1 0

5. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Should be adding 5% duckfat. Now available from Audi part # 530 248 9760. Bit pricey but it does the job.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

1 1 0

6. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    One other teensy weensy fly in the ointment is the following;

"Car Mechanics asked the DVSA for their response to fitting an EGR blanking valve and they said : "DVSA's priority is to help you keep your vehicle safe to drive, ensuring that it meets required roadworthiness and environmental standards. Vehicles may fail the MoT where emissions control equipment has been tampered with but irrespective of the MoT such modification is an offence*. DVSA continues to work with DfT to persue such offences, including taking disciplinary action against any MoT garages found to be conducting modifications."
    * Road vehicles (construction and use) regulations (Regulation 61a(3)). Removal of an EGR valve, diesel particulate filter etc. will almost invariably contravene these requirements, making the vehicle illegal for road use. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of upto £1000 for a car or £2500 for a light goods vehicle."
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

7. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    One other teensy weensy fly in the ointment is the following; "Car Mechanics asked the DVSA for their response to fitting an EGR blanking valve and they said : "DVSA's priority is to help you keep your vehicle safe to drive, ensuring that it meets required roadworthiness and environmental standards. Vehicles may fail the MoT where emissions control equipment has been tampered with but irrespective of the MoT such modification is an offence*. DVSA continues to work with DfT to persue such offences, including taking disciplinary action against any MoT garages found to be conducting modifications." * Road vehicles (construction and use) regulations (Regulation 61a(3)). Removal of an EGR valve, diesel particulate filter etc. will almost invariably contravene these requirements, making the vehicle illegal for road use. The potential penalties for failing to comply with Regulation 61a are fines of upto £1000 for a car or £2500 for a light goods vehicle."
    Absolutely agree with what you say re dpf/ but if no visible sine that egr blanked and exhaust smoke test is ok, or even cleaner than it need to be,--how they going to know ??? they aint going to start striping the car down at mot station are they,--they are only looking for it to be clean enough- dpf is a diferent mater tho !!! if it left the facory with it fitted---then it has to be on the car for MOT !!!

0 1 0

8. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Older vacuum operated egr disable , delete and or blank - egr's are under the top engine cover and mot test doesn't remove them .

Egr deletion in a remap of electronicly actuated egr leaves nothing visable as the egr and any signals are written out of the map and the egr simply remains closed .

There are so many pointless laws out there , dog fouling £1000 fine , lol .

1 1 0

9. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Older vacuum operated egr disable , delete and or blank - egr's are under the top engine cover and mot test doesn't remove them .

Egr deletion in a remap of electronicly actuated egr leaves nothing visable as the egr and any signals are written out of the map and the egr simply remains closed .

There are so many pointless laws out there , dog fouling £1000 fine , lol .
    Indeed, but the law says;
    "It is an offence under the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Regulation 61a(3)) to use on a road a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to meet. Removal of a diesel particulate filter (DPF), from a vehicle used on the road, will invariably result in a contravention of the Regulations (making the vehicle unlawful to use on the road). The potential penalties are £1,000 for a car and £2,500 for a van, lorry or bus.Under section 75 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, it is an offence to alter a vehicle in such a way that the use of the vehicle on a road would be unlawful. Thus both the vehicle user and the person disabling the DPF (if they knew or believed that the vehicle would be used on the road) could be found guilty of an offence under the Act."

You can expect the relevant authorities to devise a quick initial roadside test to indicate non compliance, followed by an invitation to a more detailed inspection. And, if caught, your vehicle will be deemed to be on the road in contravention of the act which will also means insurance cover will be voided. Potentially expensive.

0 1 0

10. Re: Two Stroke Oil in Diesel? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Older vacuum operated egr disable , delete and or blank - egr's are under the top engine cover and mot test doesn't remove them . Egr deletion in a remap of electronicly actuated egr leaves nothing visable as the egr and any signals are written out of the map and the egr simply remains closed . There are so many pointless laws out there , dog fouling £1000 fine , lol .
    6mil bolt in vac pipe--done me for yrs !!!!

0 1 0

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast