Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Hi All

I must say before I write this note that Sheffield Audi sales team have been amazing, however the preparations team have let them down a little and I thought I’d get your feedback.

Nothing severe but a few points that I think need to be improved.

GaurdX was something that was thrown in but clearly wasn’t applied? As shown in this image.

Paint defect, this isn’t in the topcoat as there’s no bump but it looks like dust within the paint itself? Opinions welcome. Officially a warranty claim but if I’m honest I don’t want to lose the car and also not sure the finish will match the rest of the car?? Tricky one as it’s clearly a small defect.

Petrol cap sits proud, again can be rectified easily

Scratches caused by poor preparations.

More scuffs

Admittedly these are very small errors and something that I could live with if it was a demonstrator. But as a new car I’d expect perfection.

Audi Sheffield have been great so no criticism here just interest in whether you’d return for warranty repairs or negotiate an alternative deal

Cheers

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

2. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have never known a new car to be completely faultless. Minor scratches and DA marks are commonplace. I have just order my Q and when it arrives it is going straight to the detailers for GTechniq coatings inside and out. My current Allroad had it done 3 1/2 years ago and has held up really well. It is an additional expense but in my view worth it on a ~£60k car. There is a good Gtechniq detailer in Weston Super Mare called System Clenz. Perhaps enquire with them on New Car detail? Gtechniq L1 Smart fabric will sort interior fabrics and a quick single stage on the outside will bring the paint up to muster, then just seal it in. Enjoy the Q

0 0 0

3. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    I’m having Gtenique coatings.

0 0 0

4. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Cool- all should be rectified then shortly and protected. What are you going for on the paint Serum Light or Serum Ultra? Neither were around when i had my Allroad done. Am undecided on what to go for as may consider PPF on Front bumper and bonnet

0 0 0

5. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Hi Andy

The Q was the first car I’d had coated and the detailer I used requested that the dealer didn’t clean the car or attempt to remove any of the residue from the protective coatings. He said they would more likely cause more damage to the paintwork which would require additional polishing and possibly more cost.

It actually wasn’t too bad when I collected and as I had to wait 3 weeks, I did a very careful wash myself. The only thing I didn’t attempt to remove was some glue like substance on the bonnet which the detailer sorted.

Probably worth checking if the detailer you’re using treats the interior as may not be worth bothering with the dealer?
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

6. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    A detailer will remove swirls maring In perfections etc but won’t remove slight dents or miss Align panels etc

befor you get your car detailed all work above should be done as if you have it coated then the Audi dealer does work or remove dents or imperfections then your have to have that panel redone at the detainers at extra cost
    if they can remove inperfections when they machine polish your be ok

but would very strongly advise to get the work your not happy with done befor having it detailed

once it’s been gtechniq coated invest in some good gear wash pads wheel brushes and a good drying towel grit guards etc

regardless of being coated you can still swirl mark a car easy

a real must though if you have hard water invest in a di water softener as water marks are a coating killer

if you want any advice on cleaning equipment and discount coats just pm me
    and same goes for anyone else on this forum

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

7. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    A detailer will remove swirls maring In perfections etc but won’t remove slight dents or miss Align panels etc

befor you get your car detailed all work above should be done as if you have it coated then the Audi dealer does work or remove dents or imperfections then your have to have that panel redone at the detainers at extra cost
    if they can remove inperfections when they machine polish your be ok

but would very strongly advise to get the work your not happy with done befor having it detailed

once it’s been gtechniq coated invest in some good gear wash pads wheel brushes and a good drying towel grit guards etc

regardless of being coated you can still swirl mark a car easy

a real must though if you have hard water invest in a di water softener as water marks are a coating killer

if you want any advice on cleaning equipment and discount coats just pm me
    and same goes for anyone else on this forum

M
    I’m using a two bucket method decent products etc. However we have high levels of limescale and so water marks are tough to avoid. How does the hard water (marks) deteriorate coatings.

Currently got ceramic coatings on wheels and a sealant on the paint until I can lose the car for a day or two for a polish and ceramic coating.

0 0 0

8. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I would insist on all imperfections, however slight, being corrected under warranty.

Statistics show that clean, shiny cars perform better, use less fuel, and have happier and more careful drivers than scruffy ones
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

9. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    My mate has just had a full correction detail and ceramic coating applied. Was with the detailer for 5 days.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

10. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    I’m using a two bucket method decent products etc. However we have high levels of limescale and so water marks are tough to avoid. How does the hard water (marks) deteriorate coatings.

Currently got ceramic coatings on wheels and a sealant on the paint until I can lose the car for a day or two for a polish and ceramic coating.

in east Anglia we have water reading of 500ppm and that’s not good

ive had first hand water marks with gtechniq CS black plus Exo

some where between the detainers and dealers the car got sprayed with water or some thing then dried on the car
    you couldn’t see the marks unless a curtain time of day when sun was at an angle you could see the faint spot marks
    it was even on the windows and whole car had to be re machined polished and Exo re aplyed
    the gtechniq coating is great but does need care when washing and drying

always use a ph nutaral shampoo the best to use is built hamber auto wash or gtechniq G wash

same goes for snow foam if you use it either built hamber snow foam or gtechniq foam

never ever let the shampoo or foam dry completely and rinse off well

on the last rinse let the water sheet off the best way is use an open hose and just let it flow over the panel
    working from one side to the other leaving as less beading as possible that was its way more easy to dry
    and less water to remove

there is many DI water softeners on the market either simple hose in-line filters
    to di units that look a bit like fire extinguishers that contain resin
    an ideal size is 11 litres unit there simple to use and just fit inline with the garden hose
    you only use the Di water for the final rinse normally

hope me this helps you all

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast