Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    unreal
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

2. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm in the water treatment industry and have built quite a few DI systems to demineralise the water. I often wash mine and just rinse and leave to dry on its own with no salt marks. Same principle as what the professional window cleaners are using.
    Otherwise, it does make the drying process much easier.
    By demineralising the water there's no dissolved salts left (or very little) to leave residue. These small 10 ltr units costs about 80-90 quid and are easy to use. Once the resin is spent then just dispose and refill with new.

0 0 0

3. New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    The petrol cap sitting proud I think is a characteristic on some and was still a little proud after adjustment - same story on both my Qs.

0 0 0

4. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    The petrol cap sitting proud I think is a characteristic on some and was still a little proud after adjustment - same story on both my Qs.
    Ok that’s good to know, it’s a fraction so I can live with that. Doesn’t catch my eye in the rear view mirror so no big problem

The one that I’m undecided on is the paint defect below the top coat? That’s a respect? And I’m concerned that the finish then won’t match or will create more problems?

Some kind of compensation would be easier?

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

5. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Ok that’s good to know, it’s a fraction so I can live with that. Doesn’t catch my eye in the rear view mirror so no big problem

The one that I’m undecided on is the paint defect below the top coat? That’s a respect? And I’m concerned that the finish then won’t match or will create more problems?

Some kind of compensation would be easier?

Andy

Andy

if you live near where your car is going to be detailed pop in a see them
    they will be able to give you the best advice if they can do anything or if to take it back to audi
    the detailer will also have a paint thickness gauge so they will also know how much they can machine and if it’s under the clear coat
    not only that your have answers if you do then take it back to Audi
    the detailer will and should also be able to advise on your seat

come to to think of what Nemo said my filler cap on both my Qs didn’t fit flush either and has often made me look twice at it

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

1 0 0

6. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

This is the awkward one, it’s not in the top coat it’s in the actual paint. My detailer thinks that it’s a dust particle which was on the body before painting.

However he also thinks that any warranty respray is likely not to either match or be the same quality as the factory paint work

Opinions?

0 0 0

7. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    there is many DI water softeners on the market either simple hose in-line filters
    to di units that look a bit like fire extinguishers that contain resin
    an ideal size is 11 litres unit there simple to use and just fit inline with the garden hose
    Hi max do you have any good examples please of what you mean or what to search for? I already have a water softener built into our house but its difficult to get a feed off it to where I wash my cars.

0 0 0

8. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Hi max do you have any good examples please of what you mean or what to search for? I already have a water softener built into our house but its difficult to get a feed off it to where I wash my cars.
    Yes I have a house water softener but the outside tap is not connected to the water softener not only that our house water softener uses tablet salt

I’ll have a look around and post a few up on this site

M

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

9. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Some thing like prob the most popular

Long Life DI Pressure Vessels

there is loads about all do a similar job

or

Or

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/a...filter-12.aspx

how long the resin lasts is down to how hard your water is and how much you use it and how long
    the first one is the most popular
    the second is ok

the last one is the easiest and most simple and can also get on eBay but wouldn’t last as long as the first one

this is just a very small choice of what’s out there google it or you tube it

hope this gives you an idea

M

ps I use one similar to this

https://purefinalrinse.co.uk/product...le-bag-vessel/

not the the cheapest by any means but the easiest way to change the resin
    you can also use the above for window cleaning

1 0 0

10. Re: New car snags 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post

This is the awkward one, it’s not in the top coat it’s in the actual paint. My detailer thinks that it’s a dust particle which was on the body before painting.

However he also thinks that any warranty respray is likely not to either match or be the same quality as the factory paint work

Opinions?

Andy where exactly is this? I remember sisters Golf had something similar and they actually changed the door - weirdly and very weirdly the match was perfect.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast