Failed MOT on high idle for excessive CO. I have since gotten an EGR code 'regulation divergence' to stay clear (after a few runs anways) by doing EGR adaptation. Will check again tomorrow that the code does not set again. The tester pointed out it was very difficult to keep the engine at 3k. I have tried this and see what he means, the rpms run away. I can hold it steady around 2500 with fine concentration on the accelerator, but it is almost impossible to hold it at 3k for more than a few seconds. Might this indicate throttle issue? I've been contemplating whether to try throttle adaptation, but I'm not sure the throttle is problematic, maybe it is normal to have difficulty holding at higher rpms without load? No problem holding it there on the motorway. Just not wanting to risk the adaptation failing if that isn't a problem anyways. Haven't had the car too long, still trying to understand some points on the engine's basic operation. It has manifold pressure sensor. Does the pressure sensor as well as the throttle voltage determine air mass for the ECU? Car is '05 9n, 1.2 ltr 12v BME . Any thoughts much appreciated.