Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello!
    I am new to Audi, and have just bought an Audi A8 one month ago, 57reg, 3.0tdi Quattro, engine code ASB. There are a few confusions that I do not understand, I see the coolant temperature gauge always stay in the quarter mark when I switched the climate control on, it only go to the middle when I switch off the climate control, is this normal or should I change the thermostat. And the air suspension system should be adjusted manually, but the four mode in the car section on my MMI, and it stays in the automatic mode all the time, I tried to change to different mode, it does not have any responding, the two arrow stays on both side of the car symbol does not change at all. Is this normal ? The garage who sold me this vehicle told me the air suspension can only change when I driving, I notice when I switched on the jack mode, there is no change in the height of the vehicle, and it only change when I switched on the towing mode, it goes higher. The gap from the tyre to tyre housing is four fingers in front and two fingers on the back, I notice this does change from time to time.The car drives perfect. Thanks for anyone can help me!
    Last edited by express666; 05-11-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Add more words

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A8 air suspension problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

1. The coolant should get to half way after around 10 minutes driving.
    2. Car height should change with engine running, doesn't need to be moving but release the parking brake.
    3. Jack mode is to prevent the car from levelling when jacked up so shouldn't be used otherwise.
    4. If the car is going up when activating towing mode, it suggests the car is in low setting.

Your suspension may need to be re-referenced at each wheel, this can be done with VCDS, level ground and a tape measure.

Hope it all works out, it may be worth looking for somebody with VCDS local to you.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A8 air suspension problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    You need to change coolant regulator near the gearbox, not the main thermostat.
    AUDI A8 4E 3.0D Coolant Thermostat 03 to 10 4E0121113 Febi Quality Replacement | eBay
    Audi A8 - 2015 - 3.0TDI

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Important Problems with air suspension on Audi Allroad 2007
    By Bamse307 in forum Suspension Tuning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 31-12-2016, 01:23 PM
  2. Audi A6 c7 2013 allroad suspension problems (or any c7 with air suspension)
    By Audrius in forum Audi A6 - C7 Forum - 2011- 2018
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-01-2015, 10:53 PM
  3. Just bought an audi all road, already suspension problems help
    By VAGMOTORS in forum Audi A6 - C5 Forum - 1998 - 2004
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21-03-2013, 11:57 PM
  4. suspension problems
    By smithy602179 in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-11-2010, 11:31 AM
  5. Audi A4 1998 1.9TDI suspension problems - unstable rear