1. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Gyro, I had this kind of coolant loss while I drive to Austria. Just over 1100km one way. On second day there I got the warning.
    I drive the other day 850km in one go and 300km in next day. I checked coolant level yesterday and it looked fine.

Thank you for suggestion as if it happens again then for sure I would the car to the dealer and suggest to check the EGR cooler.
    There was another Q7 there which had same loosing issue as mine and yours. I will call the owner as she had experienced that few times already.
    I will keep you updated if it happens again.

0 0 0

2. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    OK so the saga continues.

Car was thoroughly tested and all was good so they filled the tank with fuel and delivered it to my house. Half an hour later the car lost power at low speed and low revs. Wife took it in and they identified a “loose hose” - wife can’t remember exactly what they said. Anyway that was fixed this morning and all was good pootling around town and it hapenned again tonight, but this time the engine management light came on and constantly down on power. From my basic understanding of cars it sounds like a breather hose issue, that was fixed earlier and has worked loose again? All I know is that we didn’t have this issue before the car went in. Completely lost my rag with the service manager tonight and they’re currently making their way across the Edinburgh rush hour to pick the car up.

Completely losing faith now and admittedly I’m a complete hothead, and I probably don’t mean it, but I just want to get rid of the car now!!! No confidence in it any more.

0 0 0

3. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    OK so the saga continues.

Car was thoroughly tested and all was good so they filled the tank with fuel and delivered it to my house. Half an hour later the car lost power at low speed and low revs. Wife took it in and they identified a “loose hose” - wife can’t remember exactly what they said. Anyway that was fixed this morning and all was good pootling around town and it hapenned again tonight, but this time the engine management light came on and constantly down on power. From my basic understanding of cars it sounds like a breather hose issue, that was fixed earlier and has worked loose again? All I know is that we didn’t have this issue before the car went in. Completely lost my rag with the service manager tonight and they’re currently making their way across the Edinburgh rush hour to pick the car up.

Completely losing faith now and admittedly I’m a complete hothead, and I probably don’t mean it, but I just want to get rid of the car now!!! No confidence in it any more.
    Sorry to hear that mate. I guess the experience levels working on this engine are pretty low at the moment. Not acceptable on Audi’s part and bloody annoying for you. Do you still have the Audi HQ contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajtaylor82 View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate. I guess the experience levels working on this engine are pretty low at the moment. Not acceptable on Audi’s part and bloody annoying for you. Do you still have the Audi HQ contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers. Yeah I've still got my contact, Lucas, at Audi UK - he's my case manager and has been first class so far. Just called and he's not in until 1000 so will call back later. Anyway, they've had a master tech working on it so the experience should be there, plus I'm now dealing the service manager directly. The car was "thoroughly" QA checked before they delivered it to the house on Monday, but they missed this issue? Also when the guy was delivering it to the house, I can't believe that he didn't notice the car was struggling and going into limp mode? Anyway, the tech that came to collect the car from the house last night was clutching a computer and said he was going to plug into the OBD port en route to the garage (once he'd experienced the fault - which was constant!) and call with an update - no call came so I was on the blower to them at 0700 this morning when they opened. Awaiting a call back from the service manager.

I love the car so much, it's the best car I've ever owned so I really want it all to work out...for me there are not many alternatives for a good high-end SUV with a good amount of poke - would never ever have another BMW, don't like Mercs or Volvos or Cayenes, can't deal with the infotainment system in Range Rovers (plus they're apparently so unreliable), and I can't afford a Bentayga. First world problems eh?
    MY17 SQ7, Sepang Blue, 22s, and lots of toys.
    MY16 Passat Bluemotion GT, Reflex Silver, 19s, only a few toys.

0 0 0

5. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Simple,expansion tank cap,their again I may be wrong and wait and see.

0 0 0

6. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    I really hope they get this sorted for you soon. So frustrating.
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

7. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Gyro, I hope all gets sorted soon and you have your car back.
    I checked coolant level this morning as my wife had a longer drive last two days!!! Definitely loss of coolant as last time I topped it up to the min level. I am trying to get to Audi dealer, now.

I will keep you updated on the issue.

0 0 0

8. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    OK so I've had the car back a week and everything is working fine (touch wood). Here is a recap for anyone who is interested:

As I said previously, the issue was a coolant leak in the EGR cooler - this is why there were no puddles under the car, and is why the car lost more coolant on longer distance journeys. Once this was fixed it had to go to Stirling Audi to get all of the various cameras and sensors recalibrated as it's massive strip down to fix it (God knows why Edinburgh Audi weren't able to do the calibration). The car then was losing power at low revs, the identified a loose hose which was tightened, but it didn't fix the issue. Completely and utterly lost my rag and the car went back in for a proper fix - build up of scum and moisture in the hose(s) that feed air to the engine causing the engine to be deprived of air thus putting it into limp mode and causing the engine management light to come on. Why on Earth they didn't pick this up (1) when they put the car back together or (2) when they checked the power loss issue the first time, is beyond me.

On the plus side, Audi UK have been first class, and the service department at Edinburgh Audi have been pretty good overall notwithstanding the above issues. I was kept in a Q7 for 90% of the time my car was off the road and Audi UK gave me a £1,000 cash goodwill payment.

I went out for a spin when I got home last Thursday after they delivered the car back to the house, I must a massive involuntary smile beamed right across my face as I flicked it into sport and gunned it onto the dual carriageway

If anyone has similar issues and would like more detail please get in touch.

0 0 0

9. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    @t1sh, sorry to hear this. If it is the same issue with the same symptoms (key symptoms are no puddle and loss of coolant commensurate with the length of journey), then I would make them look at the EGR cooler first. Hopefully it's not that but I would insist that they order that parts immediately, before stripping down to check, that way your waiting time, assuming the parts are on back order like they were with me, will be limited.

What cost me the vast majority of the two months the car was with Audi were: misdiagnosis of the issue, Christmas holidays, and parts being on back order AFTER they diagnosed the EGR cooler issue. I reckon all that together cost me as much as six weeks.

1 0 0

10. Re: Coolant warning light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thank you, Gyro.
    I am glad you got your car back, finally!
    I am going on Monday for them to check. I will defo tell them about the EGR coolant.
    As soon as I know more I will let you know.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast