Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogzdinner View Post
    Only 3 options I didn't go for as far as I am aware.

1 Tow Bar
    2 Ceramic Brakes
    3 Night Vision

The cost of the car definitely tells me everything else is on it and as far as I am concerned the virtual cockpit, air-ride/4 wheel steer, B&O and pretty much everything else (including the black styling pack!) were well worth it! The best bit is the SQ7 engine though obviously!
    Do you feel the extra money spent on the B&O was worth every penny? I did think about it but 5k extra?
    from what I see we’ll hear maybe 1k or 2k max extra was more like it? Loads of extra power and max volume though

did you ever get a good long chance to listen to both for a long spell?

M
    ​SQ7 MY17 Sepange Blue,Driving Dynamic Sports Pack,Tech Pack,Tour Pack,Park Pack,Amb Light,Pan Roof,22" V Spoke Wheels,Red Brake Cal,All Wheel Steer,Matrix Lights,Black Valcona Sports seat plus,Driver/Pass Mem,Heat/Sound Ins Glass,Heat screen,Black Upper Trim/Lower beaufort Black,Flat Sports Steer Wheel,Elec Aju Steering ,Elec Folding Mirrors Mem Heated Dim,Soft Door Close,Add Key,Load Fix,Bose Sound,Blinds,Audi Ring,Smoked Rear Lights

0 0 0

2. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    In terms of clarity of sound the B&O is epic, I've had many great stereos over the years and the B&O is up there with the best of them and that powerful you can't have it full volume! I've had the Bose on my old A8 and it was ok but not as powerful.....overall I probably could have done it a lot cheaper with aftermarket but modern cars pretty much stop you from doing it seamlessly.
    I promise I'm not boasting but the list for my SQ7 is at least one line longer than your footer! Lovely car and it will stay with me for at least 10 years!

0 0 0

3. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxw View Post
    Do you feel the extra money spent on the B&O was worth every penny? I did think about it but 5k extra?
    from what I see we’ll hear maybe 1k or 2k max extra was more like it? Loads of extra power and max volume though

did you ever get a good long chance to listen to both for a long spell?

M
    Had a good side by side comparison with the Bose system and found the B&O killed it in dynamics, imaging, staging and power.
    The best factory audio system and maybe even aftermarket systems I've heard for staging and imaging.
    2015 4M Q7, Glacier White, S-Line, Valcona sports seats, B&O, Audi Connect, Panoramic Sunroof, adaptive air suspension, 4WS, Matrix LED headlights, 4 zone climate, active assistance package, 21" Turbine arm wheels, aluminium/oak inlays

1 1 0

4. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    My manual mentions a garage door opener (buttons just above or instead of the SOS button) but I don't recall seeing this on the options list. That would have been handy on my car as my keys stay in my pocket so I have to dig around to get the garador fob out to open the garage, would be nice to just press a button in the car. Ho hum 1st world problems! Lol

I have air suspension but I believe there's some kind active roll stabilisation option, maybe it's only on the SQ7. Even in dynamic mode I still notice quite a bit of roll, would be nice to have that option so the car stays flat through the corners.

360 degree camera would have been nice but I have the reversing cam and have managed fine so far. Parking assist sounds nice but I don't need it, my parking is always great anyway! ;-) Blind spot detection, well I just look over my shoulder. I think I have pretty much everything else, VC is awesome but like others have said you won't miss it if you never had it before. Unfortunately I'm hooked now so will expect it on my next car!

Running boards are great for my kids and Nana, but one thing I can't understand is why the second row seats aren't powered, you have to press, pull, flip up etc. On the Merc GLS you just press a button and it power flips out of the way to give access to the third row, seems like Audi missed a trick here.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
    You can't get garage door openersl in uk but I retrofitted it. I can do this for you if you wish.

OP. I can retrofit camera for you if you wish also. You can also getting running boards from a very popular auction website.

Congrats on the car!

Andy.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    On the HomeLink my old car had the built in buttons which were nice, but my Q7 doesn’t. But I just use a cheap and effective remote button fob instead you can either put on key ring or leave in car. Surely a lot cheaper & easier than the cost and hassle of a retrofit mod?

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing camera, drivers memory seat & door mirrors. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

6. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    On the HomeLink my old car had the built in buttons which were nice, but my Q7 doesn’t. But I just use a cheap and effective remote button fob instead you can either put on key ring or leave in car. Surely a lot cheaper & easier than the cost and hassle of a retrofit mod?

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing camera, drivers memory seat & door mirrors. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    Yep. Absolutely correct. And in my other car it's a button velcro'd to the roof buttons but I wanted to do it, prove it could be done and keep the car looking OEM as possible.

It's a choice at the end of the day, nothing more than that.

Cheers.

Andy.

Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

7. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogzdinner View Post
    Only 3 options I didn't go for as far as I am aware.

1 Tow Bar
    2 Ceramic Brakes
    3 Night Vision

The cost of the car definitely tells me everything else is on it and as far as I am concerned the virtual cockpit, air-ride/4 wheel steer, B&O and pretty much everything else (including the black styling pack!) were well worth it! The best bit is the SQ7 engine though obviously!
    I have the folding tow bar but never use it, just happened to be on the car I bought.

Retrofitted Night Vision firstly just to prove it could be done but now I genuinely use it a lot. It actually assisted me the other night when it was very foggy. Granted though it's a very expensive option.

Andy.

0 1 0

8. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    I have the folding tow bar but never use it, just happened to be on the car I bought.

Retrofitted Night Vision firstly just to prove it could be done but now I genuinely use it a lot. It actually assisted me the other night when it was very foggy. Granted though it's a very expensive option.

Andy.

Out of interest Andy, how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post
    Yep. Absolutely correct. And in my other car it's a button velcro'd to the roof buttons but I wanted to do it, prove it could be done and keep the car looking OEM as possible.

It's a choice at the end of the day, nothing more than that.

Cheers.

Andy.

Absolutely - clearly I’ve swung both ways on that one recently.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

10. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Two weeks in and i can report I'm less bothered than I thought I would be about the rear camera and VC. I previously had an s max without a rear camera and believe that this has prepared me well for reverse manoeuvring! The standard display is fine and it still displays the maps in an adequate size.

What I'm most disappointed about is the RSE, wow they are rubbish. I was seduced by the syncing facility, yeah that completely doesn't work. The units themselves are bulky and really can only be used in the car, they arn't the same as the ones on the promo videos I've watched online. They remind me of first generation Samsung tabs. I know they are meant to be the safer option, but really, would have been cheaper to buy 2 top end iPad. Also to top it off I bought a game off the play store to later put on the units, low and behold for some reason the units wouldn't let me download them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast