1. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Ah RSE, I skipped that and bought two second hand iPad airs off eBay, I'm gonna get a couple tablet holders that'll clip onto the headrests, with the wifi hotspot all sorted (see other post) the kids can watch YouTube or play games etc. Sorted! :-)

0 0 0

2. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I think you made the right choice, and because they are not integrated into the headrest I wouldn't leave them continuously in, draw too much undesirable attention

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GEAudi View Post
    I think you made the right choice, and because they are not integrated into the headrest I wouldn't leave them continuously in, draw too much undesirable attention
    No worries there as the kids will want to whip them out! :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

0 1 0

4. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    The better / newer RSE devices are available in other European countries but if you read the small print not in the UK. No idea why. Crazy.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

5. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Air suspension is the one I really regretted not getting having come from the earlier Q7 that had it as standard , makes all the difference to the quality feel of the car and despite all the other amazing features over the old Q7 I never really enjoyed the new q7 like the old one . This is the main reason (along with 3 engine rebuilds !) as to why I now have a RRS .
    The other regret was not getting the pan roof as our disabled daughter used to love the sensory stimulation of trees and clouds flashing by in our old car , and again was another option that cannot be retro fitted .
    I think the moral of the story is if it cant be retro fitted just tick the box as it will probably be cheaper in the long run as I found out !

0 0 0

6. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jerman View Post
    Air suspension is the one I really regretted not getting having come from the earlier Q7 that had it as standard , makes all the difference to the quality feel of the car and despite all the other amazing features over the old Q7 I never really enjoyed the new q7 like the old one . This is the main reason (along with 3 engine rebuilds !) as to why I now have a RRS .
    The other regret was not getting the pan roof as our disabled daughter used to love the sensory stimulation of trees and clouds flashing by in our old car , and again was another option that cannot be retro fitted .
    I think the moral of the story is if it cant be retro fitted just tick the box as it will probably be cheaper in the long run as I found out !
    3 engine rebuilds...good grief what was the issue for that to happen?

RRS for me is still the best looking SUV on the road currently

0 0 0

7. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    3 engine rebuilds...good grief what was the issue for that to happen?

Went in for service and they found a slight noise , so decided it was to do with the cam chain tensioner and there was a PIP on it so they replaced it , car was in for two weeks , when it came back the noise was worse and eventually was so bad you would get stares from pedestrians and thought the engine would blow up ! , took it back , stripped it and it turned out they hadn't meshed some gears together right and the valves were kissing the pistons ! Rebuilt it again but noise was still present so stripped and rebuild for 3rd time and then it sounded better . They assured me no damage was done from the valves hitting the pistons and so no valves were replaced , but it worried me ever since as we headed to the end of our warranty as each rebuild would have cost over 4k if I were paying ! My wife kept thinking the noise was returning but to be honest she wanted any excuse to get a rrs which she had been nagging me to get ever since the 2nd generation was released .
    Bought our rrs and then a day later spotted that what car had rated it the most unreliable Large SuV and unreliable car overall , so probably out of the frying pan and into the fire ! To top it all , two days after buying the RRS , my discovery 3 I use for business broke the cam belt tensioner mount off the oil pump housing and has just cost me 3.4k to repair ! Luckily my local indy guy is £30/hr not £130/hr else it would have been a right off , I will be keeping the rrs in warranty that's for sure

0 0 0

8. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemo78 View Post
    I test drove RRS before getting the Q7, really liked it but my insurance was bonkers quoted up 200% from a discovery sport. Couldn’t justify that. The Q7 was up about 5% relatively.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

9. Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jerman View Post
    Went in for service and they found a slight noise , so decided it was to do with the cam chain tensioner and there was a PIP on it so they replaced it , car was in for two weeks , when it came back the noise was worse and eventually was so bad you would get stares from pedestrians and thought the engine would blow up ! , took it back , stripped it and it turned out they hadn't meshed some gears together right and the valves were kissing the pistons ! Rebuilt it again but noise was still present so stripped and rebuild for 3rd time and then it sounded better . They assured me no damage was done from the valves hitting the pistons and so no valves were replaced , but it worried me ever since as we headed to the end of our warranty as each rebuild would have cost over 4k if I were paying ! My wife kept thinking the noise was returning but to be honest she wanted any excuse to get a rrs which she had been nagging me to get ever since the 2nd generation was released .
    Bought our rrs and then a day later spotted that what car had rated it the most unreliable Large SuV and unreliable car overall , so probably out of the frying pan and into the fire ! To top it all , two days after buying the RRS , my discovery 3 I use for business broke the cam belt tensioner mount off the oil pump housing and has just cost me 3.4k to repair ! Luckily my local indy guy is £30/hr not £130/hr else it would have been a right off , I will be keeping the rrs in warranty that's for sure
    Gulp! That’s some issues - hope all is good with the RRS

0 0 0

10. Re: Options I wished I picked! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    I test drove RRS before getting the Q7, really liked it but my insurance was bonkers quoted up 200% from a discovery sport. Couldn’t justify that. The Q7 was up about 5% relatively.
    I was paying £287 fully comp for the Q7 with protected no claims , land rover offer 7 days free drive away insurance and automatically quote for the full 12mths , it was over a grand plus wanted a £1000 excess . Got it for £410 in the end from my usual insurer with full roadside recovery and £350 excess . So still quite a jump from the Q7 but nothing compared to the LR quote . To be fair the Q7 is very cheap car to insure given it's value and performance , it cost me slightly less than our 1.4 diesel Peugeot Tepee !

0 0 0

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast