1. Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, thought I'd start a new thread for the next issue with my Audi A6, 2007 2.0TDI Automatic BRE.

I've just recently had the engine and all sorts of other bits replaced (DMF, DPF, Cam belt, water pump, oil pump & balance shaft upgrade).

Car is running and driving pretty smooth, most of the time... But I still have a problem where the revs bounce up and down and the car shakes very noticeably when idling. I've noticed that when it does this, just sat still ticking over the MPG read out on the dash goes right down. I get this problem nearly every time the car comes to a halt.

A couple of times over the last few days whilst driving it seems that the car has been holding the revs up higher than is necessary, maybe +1600 rpm at 20-25mph.

Also, related to this; twice now it has "stalled"...? While I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing, the car was doing it's shaking and rev bouncing, and then just cut out!! I didn't think you could stall an automatic?!

Anyways, it's going into the Audi dealer soon for them to have a look. Anything to remediate the issue will be covered under my warranty, I'd just like to know the score before having the conversation. Anyone seen anything like this? Any ideas.

I'll include a video, you can see the revs bouncing, and if you crank up the volume you can actually hear it too. You can also see the MPG going down down dowwwwn

As always, any help and advice is welcome. Thanks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Does it happen only when gear is in D position? Is it same in P and N position? Maybe is automatic gearbox faulty...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Sedan C6 2.0 TDIe 2011 Condor Grey metallic

0 0 0

4. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Have a look at your torsion value see what it is. adjust it a little either way a fraction see if that helps

0 0 0

5. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Garage have said they think it's an injector problem. The injectors have all been taken out of the car and sent to a company for testing, they will replace any faulty injectors as well as fitting fresh injector seals and a new injector wiring loom... Means I'm without the car for another week, but hopefully that will sort it!

0 0 0

6. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Injectors have all come back fine. Garage have replaced the injector seals and wiring. Ive been told that it's better than it was, but not quite right. So it was booked into Audi main dealer today, so waiting to see what the outcome of that will be.
    I don't think it's transmission related, it's had a new flywheel and torque converter...
    I've been told that if the Audi dealer give it the all clear, then there's not much else they can do!!

0 0 0

7. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi have you ever found out what the problem was ? Have exactly the same problem but mine only when selecting D or R, and the car is really crazy acting when presing the gas pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

8. Re: Revs bouncing/rough idle and fuel consumption 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi a6 2008 2.0 RPM problem Help - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro