I'm a proud owner of a brand new 2017/2018 Passat Sedan down here in Brazil, where VW only brings the most loaded version of these cars.

It came with that all Digital Display where you can configure it in many ways/views, ACC (adaptive cruise control), High Beam Assist, power and memory/heated seats and the all new big all touch screen Entertainment system

There are a couple of functions that NO NOT show up in the Cars settings that I which I had: Lane Assist and Traffic Jam assist (if thats what its called...), but apparently the car has all the sensors for these functions, including a camera that is placed in the windshield inside a triangle, right above the rear view mirror, facing the front of the car (street), which I think is also used for the high beam assist

Does anyone know if there`s anything else needed to have these 2 driving assistance functionalities (Lane Assist + Trafic Jam Assist) enabled?

It may be that our local car authorities have not yet certified this and that is why VW disabled it before selling to Brazilian customers

If that`s the case, I will try to have them enabled using OBDeleven, which I'm going to be using it anyway to activate VIM (Video In Motion)

Any insights will be greatly appreciated

cheers