1. Question Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Decided to make an account here finally after going through some possible fixes for my audi. The car I use is Audi A4B7 -05 2.0 TDI, driven ~350 000 km

Problem:
    When accelerating high speed 100-120 km/h sudden power loss happens. The car doesn't accelerate after that in high speed and lower gear/speed reaaally slowly. Fixes when car is shut and started again.
    Lower speeds/gears doesn't seem have any problems, works fine. The power loss happens only when I'm on highway and if I try to go faster than mentioned before.
    Also when going around 100 km/h steady the car seems to jerk/shake some when using 6th gear usually. Can't tell if it stops when going faster because can't...
    Had couple mornings when started for the first time problem with getting the engine going. Once had to try few times before start. Wet weather here atm and barely going -0 celsius degrees yet, fuel system?

I've checked hoses going from egr/turbo etc. to N75 valve, all good no problem and connections were good.
    Intake hose to turbo was before a bit loose, tightened it and checked it for cracks (none). Didn't solve the problem.
    Replaced old egr pipe (one that connects to exhaust manifold) to new one, old one had a huge leak. Didn't solve the problem.
    Cleaned the turbo exhaust turbine with valvoline turbo cleaner once and tried even the mr. muscle solution. Didn't fix the problem, atleast the turbo is clean now though. Turbines didn't have play and worked fine when I tested. Same goes for the actuator. I jerked it back and forth and seemed to close and release fine.

Yesterday when I cleaned the turbo and went for test it threw a CEL now. Haven't read it yet. Has given CEL once before from same problem and read it with OBD2 adapter using Torque app (don't know if works accurately for VAG). Can't recall the code number but description was turbo overboost.

Any suggestions what might be the problem with the power loss, bad start occasionally and jitter/shake when driving ~100km/h with 6th gear?

Thank you for help

- Tony

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    You really are best getting the fault codes if it is going into limp mode otherwise you could waste a lot of time.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    CEL light is gone for now automatkalla. I read thw fault code and have me p0234. Can it be the n75 valve?

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone ideas?

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    is the vac controled VVt actuater moving freely ?? is there a leak of boost whistling sound ?? the code you gave is over boosting/ taking too long to get upto required boost-so it go;s to limp mod-key turned of then on and its ok till next time yess ???

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have this exact same problem, have had the car into mates garage, replaced n75, no leaks found anywhere. From what I've read over the past couple of months is the turbo veins are likely sticking. I'd be massively intrigued to know if you fix this without ether cracking open the turbo and cleaning it or replacing the whole unit. I personally can't replace the turbo at the minute and it's sporadic so I'm living with it.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    mister mucle the exaust side of turbo--works every time-egr pipe off tube into turbo fill with MM foam leave for a while just blank the egr off while your there they run better withought it. job done- it comon for the exaust side of turbo to junk up-unless they get good thrashing every now and then !!!

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah The car works normally when restarting engine. I've done once mr muscle clean. Took off exhaust from turbo and let it effect almost hour. Meantime I pushed The actuator up and down and it seemed to move ok. Didn't fix tho. Haven't heard turbo whine/whistle. Haven't found any leaks from hoses etc. And next week i'm replacing The N75 valve.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi A4B7 -05 Limp mode? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    amother comon fault/misconception---turbo vac opening presure is set corect from factory--it is not always the case- pull vac pipe off the actuator put vac gage on and set it to start opening at around 4'ish-fully open by 17(i think from memorie-a quick google will give the rite pressures tho) it do's make a Very big difference, when its set corectly !!!! But withought seeing the car/driving it-what you are discribing -points too VVT sticking-in my humble opinion !!!!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast