Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question?

1. Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, long time reader first time posting,

Basically I have had an intermittent fault on my 2007 A3 since I purchased it, it can go a week without faulting but when it does I either have no boost, only boost past 2500 revs and sometimes it just goes into limp mode and it feels like a tractor when idling.

It has had an innotec turbo clean plus an egr clean, after that it had a turbo revive kit recommended to me along with vacuum pump, the vehicle still faults. Also just had the DPF checked and only has 21% soot accumulation so the time has come to invest in a remanufactured turbo.

So I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to get a reman turbo? There ares some on eBay floating around for £225-£250 with 12 months warranty (all have a surcharge and my turbo needs to be sent to them) but I don't know how much I can trust them, My local motorserv want£650 +.

If any of you have bought a turbo and can recommend or suggest a reliable place that I can get one from i would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Dario

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeR View Post
    So I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to get a reman turbo? There ares some on eBay floating around for £225-£250 with 12 months warranty (all have a surcharge and my turbo needs to be sent to them) but I don't know how much I can trust them
    Hi Dario, if you can fit it, why do not try remanufactured one from ebay, if the seller/remanufacturer has a good feedback rate and give you 12 months warranty you'll spend a lot less money for same quality.

Check if the warranty right is not conditioned by the qualified mechanic/garage fitting.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply, all the sellers on eBay with decent feedback state the warranty will be void unless fitted by a qualified mechanic, my best mate will be doing the replacement not myself, so although this will be done at a garage by a fully qualified mechanic it won't be through the books therefore no invoice or proof that turbo was fitted by the garage.

I may drop the seller a message to clarify exactly how that would affect the warranty.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Can I ask what diagnostics you have done to render the Turbo defective?
    Alan.

A6 Avant (C7) 3.0 TFSI Quattro S-Tronic
    APR St1 Custom Exhaust - now gone
    VW T6 150 DSG Camper £££

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi A3 2.0 TDI 170 BMN turbo question? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi Alan,

No diag done on the turbo just 2 cleans, I’m going by a process of elimination, had injector cleaner, turbo cleaner, egr was cleaned, dpf is fine ( also I travel 40 to work per day all motorway ) Issue only happens on boost.
    Turbo has very loud (police siren) noise. Common on the 2.0 tdi engines so thinking a turbo replacement is the next logical step.

0 0 0