Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Cool New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Just putting this here, I know chesterfield and myself are picking up new Q7's today, I just collected mine, quick video of the unveiling below.

Handover took 2 hours and I had to rush it because I needed to get back to work, so there's loads of things we rushed through that I may have questions about.

We had problems getting the car to connect to MyAudi, it all went **** up when I connected my phone, we weren't sure if it was using the in-built SIM or my phone's data connection, but we were getting connection errors, maybe due to weak phone signal we weren't sure, so the sales guy went to get a technician then came back saying they hadn't been trained! Ooops. In the end I said if I couldn't get it working when I got home I'd do a factory reset and start from scratch, so he gave me some reset instructions.

On the drive home there is a button on the roof by the mirror that has a red indicator light, not sure what it means so that's something to check. I had a quick play with dynamic/comfort and auto modes on the way home and the difference in throttle response is quite incredible - glad to see this is all completely customisable. Noticed a bit of wind noise over the sunroof but I closed the blind and that seemed to help - it is quite windy today so not sure if it was due to that. Also had a play with the virtual cockpit, and got Bluetooth music working with my phone (and turned up the bass, Bose system sounds good!) but I don't have any more time to play now, I have to get back to work - maybe I should have taken the day off, but I have all weekend to play with it. :-)

I found myself feeling quite nervous driving it, gripping the wheel far too hard but I'll settle down once I've driven it for a bit. I will have more observations, comments, pictures, questions I'm sure!

0 1 0

2. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Looks amazing... I collect mine from Sheffield Audi on the 31st Before that I’m on holiday for a week :-). Enjoy great spec

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

3. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Looks awesome!

0 0 0

4. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    Looks amazing... I collect mine from Sheffield Audi on the 31st Before that I’m on holiday for a week :-). Enjoy great spec

You'll love collection from Audi Sheffield, it's one thing they do get right. Have you had one before? Mine today came up on a lift from the floor below. My little boy loved it.

(Third picture not at Audi)

IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 1 0

5. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Lovely looking cars gents!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    No I now live in Exeter but purchased from Sheffield

0 0 0

7. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    So far I am pretty besotted, it's like falling in love with a new girlfriend all over again lol!

A couple observations, I am comparing to a 9 year old Passat R36 that I've been driving for the last 8 years, now this is a little tongue in cheek....

1) No sunglasses holder, the R36 has one up by the rear view mirror, haven't figured out the best place for them yet
    2) I have to actually "touch" the fuel filler cap, it has a press to open latch, ugh that is so last century, my R36 has a lever you pull which remotely opens it ;-)

Maybe these are "options" but I found it a bit odd on a car that is bristling with tech that they missed a couple things compared to a decade old car!

I'm about half way through the owners manual at the moment, looking forward to playing with the ACC and lane assist.

0 0 0

8. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Good God I sound like Swiss Tony! Lol

0 0 0

9. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    So far I am pretty besotted, it's like falling in love with a new girlfriend all over again lol!

A couple observations, I am comparing to a 9 year old Passat R36 that I've been driving for the last 8 years, now this is a little tongue in cheek....

1) No sunglasses holder, the R36 has one up by the rear view mirror, haven't figured out the best place for them yet
    2) I have to actually "touch" the fuel filler cap, it has a press to open latch, ugh that is so last century, my R36 has a lever you pull which remotely opens it ;-)

Maybe these are "options" but I found it a bit odd on a car that is bristling with tech that they missed a couple things compared to a decade old car!

I'm about half way through the owners manual at the moment, looking forward to playing with the ACC and lane assist.
    Congrats Fronty, it's a lovely motor.

Yes no sunglasses holder but we have a thread where we bought a holder to replace the grab handle above the drivers door with a glasses holder one. You can get one from ebay or aliexpress.

Yes the fuel latch is push to open, it's just the way it is. There is no option to change that / upgrade it.

Cheers.

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

10. New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I just got a used MY16 and definitely feel like you front. Having come from a same age Land Rover the tech I the Q7 is a different league. The ACC combined with the satnav road data is just brilliant for A road journeys the thing practically drives itself. Very smooth handling, lots of power at hand, fuel economy reasonable, connect services mapping & virtual cockpit / HUD is brilliant. No real concerns so far other than my post about emergency braking whilst using tow bar just trying to get used to the size of the beast. I’ve got the BOSE system and ambient lighting the the kids think it’s like a night club in there. Love it.
    Mines orca black but not the black pack on it - despite what my son wanted the Batman car look... nice picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast