Notices

User Tag List

Thread: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    Hey yeah mine's got the BOSE and ambient pack too, haven't quite decided about the sound yet, can't get it quite right but will keep playing, was surprised there isn't an equaliser to play with. Went for a trip down the M4 yesterday at night with the matrix headlights on full beam and ACC and lane assist enabled, wahay this thing is awesome! Also I found out I have keyless locking, didn't realise but I can just grab the handle and it will unlock, also to lock you just touch a sensor on the door handle, also have that thing where if you wiggle your foot at the back the boot opens - I didn't realise it had all this!!!

It's parked on the drive with it's 22" alloys and blacked out windows and I keep looking out the window and just staring at it! I think I'm in luuuuurve! :-) lolololol

0 2 0

2. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fronty View Post
    Also I found out I have keyless locking, didn't realise but I can just grab the handle and it will unlock, also to lock you just touch a sensor on the door handle
    Just be careful with your keys with the keyless entry, its possible that thieves can read your key signal from your house and extend its range thus opening the car and potentially worse. Simple cheap solution is keep the keys in pouches to block the radio waves (like those for phones, cheap on amazon).
    My old Land Rover had that on and it is really convenient though. My Q7 doesn't have that on and its a bit annoying having to find the keys and pressing a button but I can live with that tradeoff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 2 0

3. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Is this really an issue in practice? And what is the range like? If the car is parked on the street directly in front of my house, and the key is, say, left in a coat pocket hanging just inside the front door, is it possible that the car will be sitting there unlocked?

0 0 0

4. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkLambers View Post
    Is this really an issue in practice? And what is the range like? If the car is parked on the street directly in front of my house, and the key is, say, left in a coat pocket hanging just inside the front door, is it possible that the car will be sitting there unlocked?
    No, in reality I’ve had a passenger unable to open the door when I’m a few feet away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 0 0

5. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymcdonald View Post
    No, in reality I’ve had a passenger unable to open the door when I’m a few feet away

There are range extender devices apparently available which can overcome the distance easily. I don’t usually quote the Daily Express but...
    THESE cars can be hacked in SECONDS - Do YOU own one of them? | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

6. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    There are range extender devices apparently available which can overcome the distance easily. I don’t usually quote the Daily Express but...
    THESE cars can be hacked in SECONDS - Do YOU own one of them? | Cars | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My A7 had it and never had an issue 3 years. More likely to be car jacked

0 0 0

7. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    That’s my view Andy and I’d rather wake up and find the car gone than have tooled up thugs breaking in. That and I can’t be doing with having to use a key fob!
    Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

8. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    My feeling is if that article is accurate - if so many models are vulnerable, and the device is so easy to acquire, and it only takes 30 seconds - then surely there would be such frequency of car thefts that we would all know people that have experienced it. Surely car thieves in huge numbers would be combing the streets night after night casually plucking all these cars and shipping them off to wherever. And there would be huge pressure on manufacturers to change the technology or stop offering it.

Or maybe I’m just trying to reassure myself. :-)

0 0 0

9. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I have 2 devices for car jackers, a hi power tactical torch from the US, I think you can pick them up over here now. It will blind them for a short time. Then I have a foot pedal clamp device, you politely show them this but as they will be blind because of the light you have to put it very close to their face. Be careful they don't get too close to it in their excitement as it would make one hell of a mess of their faces. If this happens, wipe off any bodily fluids left by the car jacker and calmly drive off making sure they are left out of the way of on coming traffic, you don't want the poor souls hurt.
    Anyway don't worry about the car too much its only a chunk of metal which can be replaced, although my wife disagrees, people can't.

0 1 0

10. Re: New Q7 experience - first thoughts/observations/questions etc. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)
    So I'm a few days in and absolutely loving it.

I drove 140 miles along the M4/M25/A1M yesterday and back, the car practically drove itself all the way there with ACC and lane assist enabled. Brilliant stuff.

A couple more observations:

1) I have the ambient lighting package, but seems I can only choose between red, blue or white - are there any other colours hidden on a menu somewhere or is that it?
    2) As others have indicated, on the MY18 Q7 there's no lighting in the door pockets, that seems a bit of a shame.
    3) With the third row folded down, there seems to be a gap between the edge of the parcel shelf and the back of the 2nd row seats, maybe they need to be angled back a bit more, I haven't really checked (only just noticed) but seems a bit odd - is this normal?

Cheers,

Fronty

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast