1. 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    As far as I can tell, my Q7 is going to come with summer tyres.

For various reasons I don't want to fit full winter tyres or buy a spare set of wheels with winters on, but I wouldn't mind a bit of help in winter weather. So I'm thinking of fitting all season tyres and selling the summers on e-bay.

Has anyone fitted all season 21 inch tyres on here, if so, what brand and where did you get them from? And are they any good? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

2. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Brilliant. It appears no one at all, anywhere in the world, makes them in the right tyre size.

So it's either full winters for £1500 or wheels costing thousands. Wish I'd checked this before I went for the Q7 over the XC90, that had all seasons as standard.

I appear to have bought a giant 4 x 4 for £50k that I can't drive in the cold without spending thousands more. Perfect.

0 0 0

3. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I know I'm talking to myself here, but just in case anyone pops up who knows about tyres, feel free to join in the conversation I'm having on my own I really don't have a clue other than what google is telling me.

It appears Pirelli make a tyre that is 275 x 40 x 21, which according to size charts should be the perfect fit for the 9.5j wheels. According to size charts the 285 wide tyre fitted by Audi is the absolute max you can fit anyway, on some charts it even shows as too wide, and 275 is a better fit.

I'll try talking to the Audi parts department tomorrow, however, from past experience I expect I'll know more than them......

0 0 0

4. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Hi I'd be interested to see what they say. Just joined the Q7 club with an approved used one and its got 285/40R21s on with some worn Pirelli's on I'll need to change soon. Was thinking all seasons tyres but choice appears v limited but most c. £300 each fitted. What are the fill winter ones you're found?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Hi I'd be interested to see what they say. Just joined the Q7 club with an approved used one and its got 285/40R21s on with some worn Pirelli's on I'll need to change soon. Was thinking all seasons tyres but choice appears v limited but most c. £300 each fitted. What are the fill winter ones you're found?

I can't find any all season tyres at all in that size, what have you found? The nearest were the ones I mentioned at 275 which are Pirelli Scorpion Verde all season.

I can only find two full winters in the 285 size, Pirellis at £350 and Nokians at £300, both not including fitting.

And it gets worse, technically I should also carry chains to meet French legal requirements. For that wheel size they look like they're £350 for a set of two as well!

0 0 0

6. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I just searched and saw on audiworld and Pirelli now do the scorpions in all season in 285/40R21 109Y and found a couple of UK hits for what oooks like reasonable money sub £300 fitted... I'm guessing from the coding Audi may even be using these OEM as they say AO.

Scorpion Verdeâ„¢ All Season | Summer SUV Tires | Pirelli

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 285/40R21 109Y from Hexham Tyres

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 285/40R21 109Y from AWR Tyres Bury in Bury

| Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I just searched and saw on audiworld and Pirelli now do the scorpions in all season in 285/40R21 109Y and found a couple of UK hits for what oooks like reasonable money sub £300 fitted... I'm guessing from the coding Audi may even be using these OEM as they say AO.

Scorpion Verdeâ„¢ All Season | Summer SUV Tires | Pirelli

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 285/40R21 109Y from Hexham Tyres

Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 285/40R21 109Y from AWR Tyres Bury in Bury

Perfect, thanks, just saved me a lot of money! Im sure I looked on the Pirelli site last week and the size wasn't there.

0 0 0

8. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield313 View Post
    Perfect, thanks, just saved me a lot of money! Im sure I looked on the Pirelli site last week and the size wasn't there.
    Let us know what they are like if you are getting them soon - there are probably a few thousand miles / months left on mine so I'm not hanging immediately unless I find the Scorpion summer tyres are dreadful in winter.

0 0 0

9. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Let us know what they are like if you are getting them soon - there are probably a few thousand miles / months left on mine so I'm not hanging immediately unless I find the Scorpion summer tyres are dreadful in winter.

Ordered some to be fitted Friday. Bit of a mystery though, not sure they're going to be there when I turn up.

The only companies that show them as existing in the UK all use the same system as the two links you posted above. All smaller companies.

The Pirelli link is for the US, they don't show on the UK site. I spent an hour with the parts manager at Audi Sheffield, who was speaking to Pirelli UK who insist they don't exist. None of the big online retailers show them yet, mytyres, black circles, kwik fit, tyre leader, F1...no one at all.

I even went into one of the smaller independents in Sheffield who had them listed on the web. When he checked his own systems he couldn't see them either. He said the only thing I could do is order them from the web offer and see if they turn up. You only pay when fitted, so I just ordered some.

It's anyone's guess if they'll actually be there on Friday.

0 1 0

10. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I phoned the tyre fitter today to see if they had arrived. They had, but they were just the Pirell Scorpion Verde Summer Tyres, not all season.

It seems they are listed incorrectly on all the sites who are using the tyres network, which is most of the smaller independents, plus a few Volvo dealerships.

I've contacted Pirelli via social media to look into it, and also check why they show as available on the Pirelli US site, but not UK. I've not found them for sale on any of the online US tire selling websites either.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast