1. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Really interested to hear what you think of these tyres, especially how sure footed they feel on dry and wet roads rather than snow. I've had Nokian winters before on an old BMW 3 series, it would go anywhere in the snow but the car tended to squirm around on road conditions that a summer tyre would perform well on. I have Continental's (down to 2.5mm of tread) on at the moment, finding them really noisy on poor motorway surfaces, it will be interesting to know if you think the Nokian's are better than your Pirelli's.

0 0 0

2. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Well, early days; just had them on dry and mildly wet roads between 2-10C and certainly no traction issues. Will hopefully get them tested out more with the alleged bad weather coming in and up in the lakes next month. The compound is quite soft to the touch as expected so just more concerned about wear if it ends up being very warm season!

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

3. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew0871 View Post
    Really interested to hear what you think of these tyres, especially how sure footed they feel on dry and wet roads rather than snow. I've had Nokian winters before on an old BMW 3 series, it would go anywhere in the snow but the car tended to squirm around on road conditions that a summer tyre would perform well on. I have Continental's (down to 2.5mm of tread) on at the moment, finding them really noisy on poor motorway surfaces, it will be interesting to know if you think the Nokian's are better than your Pirelli's.
    Pretty sure a Q7 will feel planted with them on, especially in comparison to a BMW 3-Series. I've had Nokian, Pirelli and Falken winters on the wife's SUV's in the past with no squirming around in warmer weather at all.

As a relevant comparison to your 3 series though, I've just fitted Pirelli winters to my 440 GC and it was sliding around all over the place in the warmer weather last week.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 1 0

4. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    No luck for me with Audi or Pirelli, lots of conversations, but they won't sell to existing users the All Season tyres being fitted on US cars at the factory.

Finally found a set on an online sellers site, last 4 tyres, and I've ordered them. They're N0 rated, which is Porsche fitment, for the Cayenne. Can't see that being too much of an issue, so they're going on next week hopefully.

Can anyone think of any reason why N0 rated tyres would cause any issues on a Q7?

0 0 0

5. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardienet View Post
    Well, early days; just had them on dry and mildly wet roads between 2-10C and certainly no traction issues. Will hopefully get them tested out more with the alleged bad weather coming in and up in the lakes next month. The compound is quite soft to the touch as expected so just more concerned about wear if it ends up being very warm season!

Q7 MY16 272PS S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk.
    Hi wardienet

Any news on how the Nokian's are performing???

0 0 0

6. 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew0871 View Post
    Hi wardienet

Any news on how the Nokian's are performing???
    Nothing major to report yet but not tested them out in slush/snow as yet. Just cold (0-5C) wet roads as well as dry (5-12C) tarmac. One lightly muddy/grassy field for overflow parking was no problem either - unlike the summers which were slippy. All fine, good grip no issues with floppyness or getting the power down, understeer etc. Noise wise I can’t tell the difference from the Pirelli summers on motorways at 70-75ish (I’ve got air suspension but not insulating glass). Too early to tell on wear. By the time I take them off in April I should have a few K on them, long road trips and some mountain roads to get a view overall and on wear.

| Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

7. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    I gave up on the All Season in the end, I cancelled the Porsche ones as they were so rare I was worried about a replacement if one got damaged.

I had some Nokian winters fitted this morning. I can easily tell you the difference in snow. I drove there in snow and ice with summers and back in snow and ice in the winters. Stopping distance when braking was the biggest difference, made me drive with more confidence.

Long distance review will come after trip to Alps at Christmas.

I got mine from Camskill as well for £290 a piece. After a snowy night last night it was hard finding someone to fit them, everywhere was really busy. Most companies wanted £20ish each, but were too busy. Just Tyres wanted £34 each, with no negotiating, apparently they were quiet and could fit me in anytime......can't think why. Eventually I gave up on the independents as well and called in at Kwik Fit. I expected them to be on the higher side, but they were the cheapest, £11.50 each. Did a great job.

0 0 0

8. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield313 View Post
    I had some Nokian winters fitted this morning. I can easily tell you the difference in snow. I drove there in snow and ice with summers and back in snow and ice in the winters. Stopping distance when braking was the biggest difference, made me drive with more confidence.

Long distance review will come after trip to Alps at Christmas.

I got mine from Camskill as well for £290 a piece.
    Glad to hear it chesterfield and thanks for the info. I used ATS as they also do a tyre hotel service for my summers (no room in garage to store them myself). Looking forwards to some bad weather, as it were!!!
    As an aside I just got some Michelin CrossClimate+ all seasons fitted to our Golf for running around. They’re more summer-oriented but fine for being safe all year round for wife/kids. Really nice tyres and £90 each (R16 mind). Can’t see them doing 21 inch though.

0 0 0

9. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Showing on Tyreleader. Tyre 275/40 R21 107 all season : discount price, free delivery - Tyre Leader

There are often discrepancies with availability of tyres for overseas markets. Before the Michelin CrossClimate came out there was a Porsche homologated all-season available for the American market which I had earmarked for my 19" allroad wheels. I ended up working for the company I bought my 18" all-season tyres from. Looks like Pirelli is your only choice without another set of wheels for a different size.

Don't normally lurk here (Q7), but Google spat me out a link too tempting to resist. I could almost smell the rubber...
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

10. Re: 21 Inch All Season Tyres 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I'd put it on proper winters. All season on a car that size won't be brilliant ever.

E.g.: Nokian WR SUV 3 285/40 R21 109V XL , with rim protection (MFS) - mytyres.co.uk

0 0 0

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast