Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Audi A7 World Premiere | Live Video | Audi MediaTV

First chance to get an idea of what the C8 AS6 is going to look like

2 0 0

2. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    And we thought dynamic indicators were good!!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Plenty to get excited about: laser headlights, 4-wheel steering, 3 separate infotainment screens, autonomous driving... Hopefully there will be some feedback in the steering and then it could be the pick of the 5-series-E-Class-A6 choice.

0 0 0

4. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    I don’t like the front end or the rear end.
    Looks like the q2 up front and the rear lights looks like an afterthought.

0 0 0

5. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Don't like it, why do I have to look down to follow the satnav? Not good. Form over function. Not for me I'm afraid. Having to take my eyes off the road to change anything is just stupid.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I'm generally OK with it but I hate that ridiculous rear light unibrow that stretches all the way across. Ugly and too reminiscent of US car designs UGH
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

7. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Don't like it, why do I have to look down to follow the satnav? Not good. Form over function. Not for me I'm afraid. Having to take my eyes off the road to change anything is just stupid.
    The sat nav is displayed in the driver information panel right behind the steering wheel, which is mounted as high up in the car as the current A6's central MMI screen (and the current A6 uses the dash, too, of course, but it's too small to assimilate the map quickly). With the virtual dash, the driver information panel is now the primary navigation display. Plus, the HUD is better integrated on this model and the price of HUDs is likely to drop as they become more widely fitted.

0 0 0

8. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Tripletrouble Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ukgroucho View Post
    I'm generally OK with it but I hate that ridiculous rear light unibrow that stretches all the way across. Ugly and too reminiscent of US car designs UGH
    That reminds me of SAABs for some reason. Didn't the last 9-5 have that?

0 0 0

9. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Looking on the Configurator that Audi have with the new A8 the OLED rear lights will cost a whopping £1900 as an extra....!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Live Streaming of C8 A7 Launch (19/10/17 - 18:00 BST) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris81 View Post
    Looking on the Configurator that Audi have with the new A8 the OLED rear lights will cost a whopping £1900 as an extra....!!
    Someone in Audi marketing has lost their mind. I really cannot imagine many people dropping that kind of cash on a feature that is primarily an aesthetic that they will rarely look at. We're not talking about headlight that change what you see...or even fancy paintwork that you can see when the car is parked on your driveway. The only time you will see the rear lights is likely to be as you approach the car in a car park before you get into it - and cease to know they exist.
    A6 allroad BiTdi (MY14, July 2013 - DAB & power tailgate). Glacier white, tech pack (HDD Nav, colour DIS, Parking Plus), sports seats, 4 zone climate, heated seats front and rear, ambient lighting, 75L fuel tank, adaptive Bi Xenon headlights

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast