Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMILEMAN View Post
    Drove 430 miles today, Amazingstoke to Edinburgh, google maps fine all the way
    Didn't work for me at all, and I found, also the Google street view is missing. It seems just like when it was before the Google maps was activated on my car.

However, it's not the same, as Google starts to load, it goes from Goo... up to Googl. and then nothing. The internet is working fine, the [Online] service is also perfect, just the map is missing.

Strange.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Was out driving in my wife's Q2 and Google mapping was working fine.
    From Apr 2017 - now: Oct 2016 (66) Audi A7 3.0 TDI quattro (FL - MY17), 272 ps, Black Edition (Tech pack, Parking Pack, Folding Mirrors), Mythos Black.
    Gone - From Oct 2013 - Mar 2017:
    Mar 2013 Audi A6 C7 S-line 2.0TDi Manual, Daytona Grey.
    (Gone) - From Sep 2011 - Oct 2013
    : Sep 2010 Audi A6 C6 S-line Special Ed (Le Mans) 2.0 TDi Manual, Polar Blue./(Gone) - From Sep 2009 - Sep 2011: Sep 2008 Audi A6 C6 S-line 2.0 TDi Auto, Akoya Silver.

0 0 0

3. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    There's a banner at the top of the audi connect website confirming that they are aware of the issue and working on it......

0 0 0

4. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Was reading about this on another forum, and it appears to be an issue with pre-facelift models, my MY17 is working fine with google maps.

0 0 0

5. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA6QSline View Post
    There's a banner at the top of the audi connect website confirming that they are aware of the issue and working on it......
    IMPORTANT!

Yes, I found the above mentioned message here: https://www.myaudiconnect.com/#/user/login, so I entered to my.audi.* and I found, that FOR THE FIRST TIME, in the "Audi connect menu" the code WAS RED, and I saw, that my car IS NOT CONNECTED, and a long error message.

After the page reload, the code became green, but it was not very familiar to me.

Today, I checked the Google maps, and it's working, but I was not able to login to the "Online destinatons" folder, as the car asked for the Audi connect KEY!

I'm not sure, if this is what happened to you, but probably the Audi database was broken, and they changed the Audi connect keys, so maybe the only thing we have to do is to set up the new connection in the my.audi.* (because, without it, the system will NOT recognize the car!), then reset the MMI, set the new key, and that's all.

I hope this could help.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)
    I had a problem over the past week or so with my A6 not connecting to retrieve the MyAudi/Google special destinations, all other online services were working fine, so it wasn't a general lack of internet issue. I was using a SIM within the car, rather than the mobile connection. Each time it asked for the MyAudi Pin which I know was correct. After entering the pin it would sit there for 60 seconds before eventually timing out. I found a link just now on another site (The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Audi Connect - Service is currently unavailable) where I had to turn off the data connection within the telephone settings and then re-enable the data settings. After doing that I was able to retrieve the MyAudi special destinations. I wonder if the same would work with your Google search issues?

Interestingly I logged a ticket with Audi support on Wednesday and they have just called me this morning to say that there is a known issue and will call me back with an update next week. I can't knock the customer service. Will let them know when they call back that the reset on the data connection appeared to have fixed my issue.
    Audi A6 Avant 2019 Black Edition, C8, 3.0TFSI S Tronic. Tech Pack, Parking Pack, Tow Bar, Tour pack.

0 0 0

7. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A6S View Post
    They will probably tell you to **** off.
    Something along the lines of it’s a third party system and the data use can be anything from your hotspot to using the Audi connect features.
    I only have a gb per month so if it burns that it’s all I pay as I set a cap of zero if it goes over.
    Audi's safety net is the manual advising an unlimited data plan IIRC.

Is it just me or is the myAudi vs youraudi thing bloody confusing with 2 different passwords and formats that have changed over the years? Maybe they've amalgamated as the only place I can find my myAudi PIN is on my MMI Connect app.
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

8. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Well it seems to be working again. I didn't need to do any type of reset or anything with the pin. Selected google earth maps in mmi, waited less than a minute for the Google text to go all white, and voila, Google mapping is back.

0 0 0

9. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Back for me also... straight back in with no settings needing to be added... no need to add my Audi number etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

10. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Pleased to say tried this morning after starting up after a few seconds the Google Earth overlay loaded with no fuss. Had a look online and looks as though the folks in the USA are also up and running. Hopefully things will be back to normal.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12