1. Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone else got a problem with google maps since the weekend (first noticed on Sunday)? All other connect services and traffic are still working fine but not the g maps. I get a message that google earth is restarting, but it doesn't.....I then get option to use standard maps while waiting. Any ideas?

0 0 0

2. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have the same problem started on Saturday, Google Eart seems to start then A couple of seconds later says it is restarting and whether you want to use standard maps if you say no you see a picture of of the world with the Audi rings with the screen saying loading please wait. I did a search online and noted some guys in the USA having the same issue apparently it has to do with an update that is being done on Audi Connect that should be sorted soon. Surprised no one mentioned it over the weekend had me worried unit I saw other folks are having the same issue.

0 0 0

3. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have had the same, followed tonight by an email from BT stating that my car sim (which I only use for google maps) has used £80 of data in 24 hours compared with never going over the £5 minimum for three years, it has managed to use that £80 during a round trip of 40 miles on an existing route with google maps saying it was doing something. I use my Iphond for all voice calls and any hot spot requirements. Cue claim to Audi tomorrow.

0 0 0

4. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I was playing with the view at the start of a 5 hour journey, and thought that it was only reloading Google Maps because I had switched to the Traffic view. It's not an area with much 3G coverage so I reverted to the Traffic view. I did try again later on in the journey when I got bored but the download had only got as far as "Goog" when I got to my destination and had used a few GB. My data's unlimited 3G so it's only time that's the constraint assuming I can get a 3G signal. I'll try again at the weekend.
    MY2014 A6 allroad 245PS, my 8th Audi in 20 years - all quattros. 15th VAG car (incl 2 used ones).

0 0 0

5. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Hi All ... I have the same problem to day... google earth/ maps not loading... reset the mmi a couple of times to no avail... assuming that this is an issue at the other/upload end and that someone is working on it etc... will monitor try again over coming days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

6. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Same problem here... I though it may be a problem with my system but it's seems that its more of a universal problem. Hope they get it sorted soon.

0 0 0

7. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yes, was about to post this. Stopped Saturday PM.
    I've been trying to switch back to Gmaps once a day since, to no avail.

Would be interested to find out what happens with the claim for large amount of data downloaded.
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

8. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olio View Post

Would be interested to find out what happens with the claim for large amount of data downloaded.
    They will probably tell you to **** off.
    Something along the lines of it’s a third party system and the data use can be anything from your hotspot to using the Audi connect features.
    I only have a gb per month so if it burns that it’s all I pay as I set a cap of zero if it goes over.

0 0 0

9. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick1212 View Post
    Same problem here... I though it may be a problem with my system but it's seems that its more of a universal problem. Hope they get it sorted soon.
    Same problem here, seems to be a global failure in the internal Audi-Google interface.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

10. Re: Google maps 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Drove 430 miles today, Amazingstoke to Edinburgh, google maps fine all the way.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Quattro Black Edition
    2013 A6 Avant 2.0 tdi Black Edition ​gone
    2010 A6 Avant 2.0 TDI Le Mans. gone.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast