So, some numpty clipped my car on a roundabout and whilst the damage is minimal (just a scuff on the arch) it's off to be repaired and I've been given a 66 plate 530d M-sport touring as a loaner.

Now, I've only driven it a few miles so far but my first impressions are good (driving it at least, I find the cabin cluttered and cheap feeling) The gearbox is excellent. So, how can the ZF box which seems to be shared in both the 530d and the Bitdi feel so much more responsive in ze Beemer?

The initial pick up in 1st from a standstill is like chalk and cheese between my Bitdi. There isn't any lag, it just goes. It also seems to know what gear you want next and selects it without delay. The kick down is nothing like the Audi, no real delay and loads of power.

Feels like I'm driving an even more powerful car despite it have 50 odd bhp less than my A6.

It also really doesn't sound like a diesel at all. Again the A6 does clatter a bit like a diesel but this one doesn't at all. I've been really really surprised by it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk