1. R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have had an intermittent issue with my r/h reverse light for a couple of months. It would work then i would get a bulb failure warning message it was not working etc etc. Now last night i put on my fog lights and and i get a bulb failure warning for the rear fog light which also happens to be on the r/h side.

So after buying a replacement bulb for the reverse light and pulling it out i find no bulbs for the fog light. Am i right in assuming this is a LED?? Anyway i digress slightly. After looking at the reverse light bulb and not finding an issue with it, i replace it anyway. No joy!!! So i refit the old one and bingo the reverse light works and wonder of wonders the foglight works. Great, bad connection maybe, so i close the boot and nothing, no reverse and no foglight.

So opening the boot and yup both come back on again. Partially close the boot and the foglight flashes on and off. So going from this i can only assume there is an issue with the rear light harness where it passes through the l/h boot hinge tubing. I have found on another forum reference to this particular issue being defective wiring in the harness just where the loom start at the bottom of the tubing. And it would appear to be a fairly common thing.

Any idea on cost of replacing the harness?? I don't have the time to mess around with this so a ball park figure would be good. Oh and to add its a 2014 GT TDI 177.
    If it ain't broke leave it alone!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    just seen your post, having similar issues with a 2013 CC GT, right reversing light out, I must have looked at similar threads to yours it seems to be quite a problem with american CC's dont know about the cost yet but got mine booked in at VW Inchape bury next week will let you know how much.

0 0 0

3. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pendle wizard View Post
    just seen your post, having similar issues with a 2013 CC GT, right reversing light out, I must have looked at similar threads to yours it seems to be quite a problem with american CC's dont know about the cost yet but got mine booked in at VW Inchape bury next week will let you know how much.
    Had a bit of a bun fight with one branch of VW, they would not give me a quote for the harness replacement (the harness itself is £44 by the way) even after i explained thats all i wanted doing. Nope we want to diagnose it. So after telling them to do one i rang VW in Crawley and asked the question and the answer was "its £244 sir" to which i replied thankyou very much. They will get my business.

0 0 0

4. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi inchcape quoted me the same £44 for the harness but refuse to give price for work doing they also said need to run diagnostic

0 0 0

5. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quick update VW Inchcape refused to budge, DAS WELT AUTO warranty states in the small print All electrical and mechanical items covered, excluding wiriing.
    There is a video on youtube showing exactly where the wire breaks how to replace, part now ordered. inchcape wanted to run diagnostics first (cost) then repair (more cost) plus the garage is 37 miles away and i would have needed a courtesy car(more cost(collision damage insurance)), if they provided a good service i might have considered paying.
    Have you got an update to your wiring did it sort your issue.

0 0 0

6. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I believe I had the same issue ( see video Baglygte Passat CC - YouTube)

I replaced the harness and all works fine now. It's one hour job..

Sendt fra min SM-G950F med Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Harnesses....they are just not flexible enough. My rear wash wiper tube split within the tailgate harness so I got a quote from a 3rd party garage to repair it...45 minutes work £60. That was a no brainer so I booked it in.

I arrived at garage at 9am and they started the job immediately and I said I would wait....5 hours later, yes 5, the tech finally completed the job. The cost...£60, the manager said well that's what I quoted so that's the cost and if we got it wrong (procedure and cost) that's out fault.
    2013 B7 Passat BlueMotion Sport Estate 2.0 TDi 177PS (CFGC), 6 speed Manual, Metallic Night Blue, Fontana alloys, Start/Stop, RNS-510 (HW H09, SW 5238 V13 maps, 8316) Nav DAB, ACC, XDS, TPM, Westfalia Tow bar, Rear View camera, Keyless Entry, Easy Open/close Electric Tailgate, Park Assist, Electric Parking Brake, DRL's, Amb light, Zebrano wood, Tinted Glass, mud flaps, 61K. Cheat emission software. Nextbase 402G iN-CAR CAM.

0 0 0

8. Re: R/h reverse light and rear fog light light playing up 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The harness replacement cost £244 all in minus my discount of £23.

I kept the old harness returned so i can find the break and then repair it. VW quote and 1hr 30 mins for replacement. Now all is good.

Looking at the harness it does look easy enough to change yourself, the hardest part will be threading the replacement through the hinge tube.

0 0 0